Ch 54

Kiara

I was angry at everything. Angry at Eric...he had caused so much stress this month. If it hadn't been for Trudy, I would still be with him. Angry at my parents...they had caused a great deal of hatred that was placed in my heart. And now I had to deal with the fact that I had ovarian cancer.

I cried so many times after Dr. Shannon placed the call to me, and she tried to reassure me that everything was just fine. But everything was far from fine. I kept replaying Dr. Shannon's words over and over, until finally I couldn't take it anymore.

"Kiara, I'll have to remove both of your ovaries."

"So I won't be able to have anymore children?" I asked her, but I knew the answer to that. I knew removing both my ovaries I wouldn't be able to give Eric children. I knew that Trudy's child may be his first, and his last if he was to stay with me.

"I'm sorry Kiara, I'll schedule you for surgery, as well as chemotherapy soon." She said. "And Kiara, your CAT scan had also shown some abnormal brain activity. I would like to bring you in probably next week for another exam."

I didn't want to hear anymore of what she had to say. I hung up the phone, and cried until I fell asleep in a pool of my own tears.

Hours later, I woke up and realized that Ella had been to quiet. She usually woke me up crying, or calling "dada." I walked to the other room to check in on Ella. I noticed that she wasn't in her crib anymore. I began to panicked and checked the apartment for my baby. She was walking now, but how did she get out of her crib.

I searched for her, calling out her name, but she wasn't in the apartment. I rushed over to dial 9-1-1, and noticed that the door was unlocked. Someone had come to my home and took my baby from under my nose. I dialed everyone who might have taken Ella while I was sleeping while I waited for the police. Who would take my child from me?

I dialed Tonya's number, but she wasn't answering. The police came by my apartment, and took my statement. One of the cops told me that they weren't able to do anything until she had been gone for 24 hours.

"But she's a baby!" I screamed while tears ran down my cheeks.

"Ma'am, there is really nothing we could do right now. Call some family and friends, and see if they have the child, otherwise, call us back tomorrow. We can't do a Amber alert until then."

"This is some bullshit!" I couldn't breathe. I felt light-headed, and blacked out. Someone has my baby, and I didn't know if Ella was scared or hurt. I had to find her.

Chris

"So now I'm Mrs.  Damewood." Zana said. She was so excited, and kept holding up her ring, staring at it like it would disappear. "Tarzana Damewood."

"You're really happy, huh babe?" I asked her.

"I couldn't ask for a better man."

We we're just about to land back in Virginia. We had been gone for two days, and I was eager to tell my parents that I was now married, and there was nothing they could do. I'm glad that I left our phones behind, I didn't need any interruptions from anyone when I was having sex with my now wife.

"So where are we headed when we land?" She asked me laying her head on my shoulder.

"Home." I said to her.

"Your home, or mine?"

"My home is now your home wife."

We stepped off the plane, and went to get our luggage. The time we spent together was the best I've ever had. We shared everything about each other, and I appreciated Zana for being honest about her past. She was now my wife, and even after her honesty, I still felt the same way about her.

We headed to her home to get a few things. I set in the car until she came out in a frantic way. "We have to get to Kiara's house."

I started the engine, and headed to Kiara's place. Before I could stop the car Zana had got out and was running up the stairs to the building. Even with heels on that girl could run. I parked the car, and hopped out, following behind her. Zana was banging on the door by the time I hit the last stairs, but nobody was answering.

"Kiara, open the door!" She was banging and yelling.

Still nobody answered the door. "Zana what's going on?"

"Ella is missing, and Kiara left a voicemail crying. I'm scared Chris." Zana cried letting me hold her in my arms.

"Maybe they're at her sister's house, let's try over there before we jump to conclusions."

Zana nodded and wiped her face. She rushed down the stairs and out of the double doors. I walked behind her, and opened the door for her so that she could get in the car.

The whole way to Tonya's house, Zana kept talking about the worst things that could be happening to Ella. I tried to reassure her that everything was fine, but deep down I wasn't so sure.

"Pull over!" Zana yelled seeing Tonya running down her street. Zana got out and ran over to Tonya. She wasn't wearing anything but a t-shirt, and her shirt had blood stains on it.

I got out of the car, and seen Tonya fall to her knees. "He's going to kill her!"

"Where's Kiara!" Zana palmed Tonya's chin in her hands. "Look at me Tonya!"

"My dad has Ella."

Zana stood up and had a shocked look on her face. Zana took off her heels and ran toward Tonya's house. "Zana! Stop!" I yelled after her, but she wouldn't stop.

"My dad kidnapped Ella, and he won't let her go until Kiara talks to him!" Tonya wouldn't stop crying. I picked her up and carried her to the back seat of my car. I had to get to Zana before she did something crazy.

Kiara

I aimed the gun to his head. I didn't care anymore, all the shit he had done to me in the past had resurfaced and I was out for blood.

"Where is my baby!" I screamed hitting him with the butt of the gun. I began to cough, and blood seeped from the side of my mouth. All I needed was Ella, but he wouldn't give me my child. "Where is she?"

He smirked at me, spitting blood on the carpet. Those eyes burning a hole into my soul. "I love you, Kiara. All I want to do was to make you happy."

"You raped me you piece of shit!" I screamed.

"You are so beautiful baby girl."

I was becoming frustrated with this man. I could only think about the 24 hours that he held my baby captive. I just wanted her in my arms.

"Please just give me my baby!" I cried. I felt myself trembling with fear.

"Would you let me feel you baby girl?"

My anger rose from within me, and I walked closer to him, feeling his hot breath on my skin. He still was the monster I had always known. I pressed the gun to his head. "Give me my child!"

Zana ran inside the house, "Kiara, please don't shoot him!"

It was to late. I only heard the gun go off, and he fell forward on top of me. My father's blood was all over my face. I moved out of the way, letting his warm body hit the floor. I held my hand over my mouth shocked at the sight.

My mother had pulled the trigger, she couldn't put the gun down, it was still aimed at my father. Tears ran down her face while she stared at my father's lifeless body.

"No!" Tonya screamed running over to our father.

"What have I done?" She asked, finally dropping the gun to the floor.

I began to hyperventilate, and cough up blood. I could feel my body jerk, as I fell to the floor having a seizure.

"Kiara!" Zana screamed dropping to her knees beside me. She held my hand, as my eyes rolled to the back of my head. "Call an ambulance now!"

All I wanted was Ella.