Ch 57

I couldn't breathe. I gasped for air rushing to sit up in the bed. That dream was so real, I could feel  the pain in my head when I was shot in my dream. I rubbed the spot that the bullet went through, and tears fell from my eyes. Jason pulled the trigger, I could feel everything in that dream.

"Baby are you okay?" Chris turned over in the bed and rubbed my back.

"I had this dream, and it felt so real." I wiped the tears from my eyes, and removed the sheet from my body. I was sweating, and all I wanted was fresh air, and water. "Maybe it's God's way of telling me to watch my back."

"Calm down Zee, it was just a dream." Chris said rolling over in the bed.

I turned the lamp on, and slipped my feet into my slippers. I knew it was a dream, but the reality that surrounded it had me thinking about all my karma.

"I need to call Kiara."

Chris looked over at the clock on the night stand, and shook his head, "Zana it's damned near four in the morning. She's at the hospital, and you need to bring your ass back to bed."

I ignored Chris and grabbed the phone off the dresser, and headed to the living room. I could hear the thunder outside, and for the past couple months rain storms scared the hell out of me. Maybe that's why I had a nightmare. I set down on the sofa, and dialed Kiara's phone number. My heart was still pounding, and Carson, Jason and that gun was still on my mind.

Kiara's phone went to voicemail, and I hung up the phone, laying down on the sofa and cried quietly into the pillow. My life had been on a down slope for a year now, and I felt like I needed to get back to the old Tarzana.

I must've fell asleep on the sofa,  the smell of breakfast woke me up. Chris must have thrown a blanket over me while I was asleep. I could hear church music coming from the kitchen. Chris didn't listen to gospel music, and he never cooked. I walked to the kitchen, wondering who could be in their.

Mama stood over the stove, dancing to her gospel music. "Good morning Mama." I said and set at the table.

Mama jumped and  turned around to see me. "Girl you scared me. How did you sleep?"

"I had this weird dream. Where is Chris?"

"He left out to pick me up some orange juice. Your brothers coming home next week." She smiled and turned back to finish cooking. "He says he miss you so much. I need a favor from you."

"What's that?" I asked and got up to fix a cup of coffee.

"Well, you know your father doesn't want Carson nowhere near the house, or you for that matter. I was wondering could Carson stay at your old apartment, just until he gets on his feet." It was like mama was telling me rather than asking me.

"I'll have to speak it over with Chris." I said. Mama placed the plate of bacon, eggs, fried apples and toast in front of me. My mouth was watering for her home cooked breakfast. "Thanks ma."

"Mhmm, well, I understand that's your husband, but Carson is your family, and family always looks out for each other." She said sitting across from me.

"Even daddy doesn't won't Carson around me, and Chris doesn't either. I'll speak to Chris first before I even make a decision."

Chris walked into the back door, and walked over and kissed my cheek. He set down next to me, and mama got up to fox him a plate. "Did you sleep okay on that sofa?" He asked me.

"I did, and also I need to speak with you later." I looked over at mama who smiled down at me, and set Chris a plate of food in front of him.

"Well, after I eat, I'm heading to church." Mama said, "Zana, don't forget what I said."