ch 10

Zana

I didn't really want to leave Miami. Three weeks in Miami brought me clarity, and peace. I had to get away from all the lies and deceitful people in my life, and I was to blame. I knew I wrong for so many things, and playing victim wasn't going to make my situation any better. So I fled to Miami, and had me a condo. Every day I was out shopping, clubbing or at a fancy restaurant meeting new people. I needed this more than I knew.

"Welcome back beautiful!" Ms. Sara was excited to see me. She threw her arms around me and kissed my cheek, "Lord aren't you glowing."

I laughed, "Miami was good to me."

"I see that. Let me look at you." Ms Sara spun me around and examined me. "I see you got a little more thicker in the behind. And your hair! It's so beautiful."

I had cut my hair above my neck, I thought it brought out my brown eyes and clear brown skin. I needed a change. "Thank you Ms. Sara. Did anyone miss me while I was gone?"

Ms. Sara followed me into my office, and set down across from me. "You have clients that has been calling for openings almost everyday. And Ryan, don't let me forget he has been running around like a lost puppy without you. But the main person would have to be that Rick." Ms. Sara looked disgusted. "He came up here looking for you a few times."

I laughed, and folded my arms, "I can't stand him. I'm kind of in a good place, and I never want to see him again."

"I'm glad, he was a scary man, looked like he was on drugs."

"Maybe. I thought I knew him, but I guess not. So any messages for me?"

Sara handed me a pile of papers and lots of messages. I guess I had allot of work to do.

After work, I grabbed my purse, and headed for the elevators, Ryan caught up to me just as I was entering through the doors. "Whew! Tarzana you walk so fast, how was vacation?"

I smiled sweetly. "It was fun, and I needed the break. Thank you for that."

"No problem, so where are you staying? I heard about your breakup."

"Back at my parents house." I was all that thrilled to be there, but until I saved enough money I had no where to go.

"I have an opening at one of the buildings that I own on 35th Street." He said pressing the lobby button.

"Those beautiful buildings? Wow, but I really can't afford it right now Ryan. But thanks anyway."

"How is that? Oh I forgot you got the raise that you were asking for, and you are now my assistant developer if you will take the offer." He smiled at me.

I jumped for joy, grabbing him and hugging him. "Are you serious! Oh my thank you! I worked so hard Ryan!"

"You deserve it. And all the wonderful surveys on you, I couldn't even manage this business without you, Tarzana."

I was surprised coming home to good news from work. My boss Ryan had always seen potential in me, when I couldn't see it myself. As the elevator opened I said my goodbye and headed to my parents house.

When the bus stopped I got off, and noticed daddy was on the porch. I walked on the porch and set next to him.

"What's wrong daddy?" I asked him.

He looked at me and patted my knee, something he had always done when he had something on his mind. "I'm just a proud father of two children that's all."

"No daddy, something is bothering you. So spill."

Daddy sighed, "your brother beat up your boyfriend a few weeks ago."