Ch 41

Chris

A week  after seeing Zana in the hospital, I had got a call from Eric to meet him at the bar. I had just finished work, and decided to go. I walked inside the bar, and Eric was seated at a booth close to the entrance. I slid in to the one across from him.

"Damn man, you look like shit." Eric said to me.

I had been going to the hospital just about every day to see Zana, but her condition hadn't changed yet. "Man I'm just stressed the hell out." I waved the bartended over, and ordered my usual.

Eric downed his beer and shook his head at me, "have you slept? I know your worried about Zana, but you need to sleep."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'll be okay. It's my fault that she's in their."

"Naw man, you couldn't predict what was going to happen. Stop beating yourself up over it."

Eric was right, but I just didn't feel right going on with life knowing that the two of us had just had an argument before the accident.

"I got a problem." Eric spoke up. He leaned over the table with his elbows. "Remember that girl Sky?"

"Yeah, your home girl."

"Man, she tried to rape Kiara, and drugged her."

"What the fuck?!" I spat. "Where she at?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "probably somewhere hiding out. When I catch her she gonna wish she was dead."

"Man that's wild. How's Kiara doing?" I asked.

"She's alright, she haven't brought up the situation anymore. "

I would have flipped if someone would have rapped Zana. "So what's the plan?"

Eric looked away from me, "I'll catch up with Sky sooner than later, and when I do, I'll let you know."

I nodded and sipped on my glass. A sexy Haitian woman walked up to the table wearing close to nothing, and Eric smiled from ear to ear. She had wide hips and curly hair, and looked over at Eric seductively.

"Yo, Chris, I'll check you later on." He stood up and disappeared out of the bar, leaving me in my thoughts.

I ordered a beer and waited for my guest. I had texted her just before I entered the building. Alicia walked in looking damned good with her red hair hanging boned straight down her back. She smiled down on me, "hey you!" She greeted me and kissed my cheek.

"How's it going?" I asked her.

She slipped out of her black leather jacket and smiled, "oh you know, same old same. How are you holding up?"

"I'm straight, I've been worried about Zana." Alicia had become a real good friend lately, and even though I gave her what her body craved for, we still respected the fact that my heart belonged to Zana.

"Well," she began, and went through her purse for a manilla envelope. "I have good news for you." She slipped me the envelope and I looked inside, smiling from ear to ear.

"Thanks for this Alicia, I owe you big time."

Alicia batted her eyes, "that you do. Now, I'm on my way back to my man, I'll be in touch." She winked at me and rose from her seat.

I looked inside the envelope and what I seen were incriminating evidence that no one could be trusted. Not one.

Kiara

I placed my earrings back into my ears, and slid my boots on my feet. I looked over my shoulder and smiled at Sky who was under the sheets staring over at me.