ch 19

A/N
So these last two chapters I was at work. 7p-7a and I was writing during my break. I write to escape from all the craziness around me. But...I'm off for the day and promise to bring you longer chapters and well written. Sorry for any mistakes, I promise to go and check them before it's to late. Thanks again,
Meana 😘

Kiara

Morning came, and I woke up to gun shots outside of the barred window. I set up in the piss smelling bed, and pulled my legs toward my chest. My stomach growled from hunger. I got up and started beating on the bedroom door.

"Hey! Hey!" I yelled.

No answer.

"I'm hungry!"

I hadn't eaten anything in hours. I really didn't know what time it was, and if it wasn't for the gunshots I would probably still been sleeping. The lock from the door clicked, and I stepped back, I didn't know what to expect or rather who was behind the door. My heart began to race as I waited for the worst.

The door opened slowly revealing none other than Eric with a McDonald's bag. "Thought you would be hungry."

I was starving, but I wasn't about to tell him that. "What ever Eric."

He handed me the bag, and leaned against the wall watching my every move. I noticed the gun on his waist, and decided I wasn't going to try anything funny.

I went through the bag, and pulled out a Big Mac. My mouth watered as I bit down on it closing my eyes, practically moaning from the taste.

Eric laughed at me, "damn if I didn't know any better, I would say you haven't ate in days."

"So is my situation funny to you?" I asked with a mouth full of burger. "All the beating and me being pregnant must be a joke."

"Nope, the joke was when you stayed with a man who didn't won't your ass from the start." Eric stated. "And you need a shower "

"I'm not showering here Eric. How the hell do you even live in a place like this?" I asked him.

He handed me a vanilla shake, and I snatched it from his hand. "I don't live here. Tell me, how did you even get with a man like Rick?"

Rick. I didn't want to talk about that monster, but I needed someone to talk to at that moment. Even if that man was also a monster. "Answer me, why would you be friends with a man you plan to rob?"

Eric rubbed his mustache as if he was trying to figure out if he could trust me or not. His eyes roamed over my body, then back up to my face. "Like I said before I needed the money. We did a job a while back, and he never paid his end to me. So I need the money that I was owed. Rick thinks that I'm just a flunky."

"Are you?" I too looked him over.

He smirked at me, "far from one sweetheart, I just know how to play the hand that I'm dealt. Meaning, I'm playing Rick close."

I nodded, and went back to munching on my Big Mac. "I don't see what I have to do with you getting this money. All he will do is hurt me."

"True. But as long as you stick with me, he won't get that far."

I set the bag down, and set close to the door. All I wanted was to be free from all of this. I wanted to go somewhere and start over, but I was stuck in bullshit that had nothing to do with me.

"Back to my question." Eric said sitting next to me. "How did you get with a man like Rick?"

I sighed, "It was right after the threesome."

Eric looked confused, "you mean to tell me that Zana, you and Rick?"

"No." I shook my head remembering the day two years ago. "Not with Zana." I took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly, "I had ran into one of my home girls, and she was telling me about all the money she makes while escorting. I was in need of money so bad. I had no parents, and the only person I had was my sister." I explained.