Ch 38

Chris

The following morning I got up and dressed to drive two hours to Lexington. It was already 7am, so I grabbed my keys and headed for the door.

When I arrived to this big bricked building I got out the car staring up at it. It had twenty floors, and the parking lot was full. If it wasn't for Jason calling me none stop last night, and Zana being secretive about her new man, I wouldn't have been up.  I walked inside, and was scanned for any weapons, or devices.

"Sir, you can have a seat in the waiting area, and you will be called and escorted upstairs." A nurse told me at the desk.

"Thank you." I said and walked to the waiting room. I noticed Carson right away standing by the window. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him walking up to him.

He turned his head toward me, "I'm here for Jason."

"Jason don't need to see you right now. He's off his meds and he needs help. You are the cause of his relapse!"

I didn't won't Carson to visit my brother, the thought of my brother loving another man made me have I'll feelings toward Carson.

"Man chill out. I need to talk to Jason, and that's what the fuck I'm going to do!"

"Carson Andrews?" A Caucasian nurse called out with a clipboard in her hand. "I'll take you up now."

Carson smirked at me, and walked passed me bumping me purposely. I set down and waited for my turn. I was going to have a talk with Dr. Keepings about Carson being banned from seeing Jason. If he was going to get well, Carson needed to be out of the picture.

Thirty minutes passed before I was called. I was escorted to a elevator and brought to the fifteenth floor. I got off, and had to walk through a metal detector. When I was cleared, the same nurse escorted me to a visiting room.

Jason and Carson were sitting around at a table, there were nobody else in the room. I set down next to my brother.

"Are you doing alright?" I asked him.

Carson set back and crossed his arms. "We have some news for you!"

Jason was smiling then, "well, Carson asked me to move in with him!"

My jaw dropped. Here I was trying to get my brother better, and Carson was only throwing salt to my face. "That's not going to happen any time soon Jay."

"Why not? He explained everything to me, and I forgave him. It's me and Carson through whatever!" Jason took Carson's hand in his. "I'm in love with you Carson."

Carson smiled, "I'm in love with you as well."

I felt light-headed, and all I wanted to do was punch Carson's thuggish ass out. "I said no!"

Jason let go of Carson's hand, and stared at me. "Why won't you accept the fact that I'm gay?"

"Because you can't be! Not with him!" I pointed over at Carson who looked like he wanted to jump out of his seat and knock me out. "I don't give a fuck, I need you to get better!"

"I am better, I'm better with Carson!"

I got up pushing the chair across the room. "You need to get help, he is not helping you."

Jason stood to his feet, and locked eyes with me, "if you can't accept me, then maybe you should leave. I'm tired of living a lie. I'm tired of pop telling me what I can and cannot do! I'm tired of it all! If I want to be with Carson then that's damn well what I'm going to do!"

I couldn't believe my brother was choosing this lowlife thug over me. I was his blood, and I wanted what was best for him. I looked over at Carson who was smiling up at the two of us, and rage kicked in.