67

Zana

For the past couple of days, I felt like my life was going in the right direction. Chris and I decided to separate for a while, so that we could attend couples therapy and work on us for our baby. It was so hard to imagine me pregnant. I looked down at my belly and rubbed it.

I was lying on the sofa when my mother walked in the house. "Hey baby." She said sitting on the recliner across from me. She looked tired, worn out even.

"Where have you been mama?" I asked her sitting up on the sofa.

"Chasing that brother of yours. I don't know what to do with him. I make sure he's clean, make sure he goes to therapy every week. I'm tired, baby." She explained to me holding her hand on her forehead. "Maybe I should listen to your daddy."

"Ma, Carson's a grown man, you can't control his every move. He's going to do what he wants regardless of what you want."

Mama sighed, "I know baby. Is your daddy here?"

"No, he went fishing with some of his buddies. Go and rest, I'll cook dinner tonight."

Mama smiled, and got up from her seat, "thank you, baby."

I watched mama head up stairs, and I went to the kitchen to start on dinner. I decided on barbeque chicken, mash potatoes, and greens. I prepped the food, and got started. The doorbell rang, and I hurried to the door, I didn't want mama to wake from her nap. Chris was standing at the door with some flowers in his hand.

I opened the door for him, and smiled up at him, giving him a kiss on his soft lips. "Hey baby."

"I see you're in a good mood this evening." He said slapping my butt playfully. He followed me in to the kitchen and handed me the flowers. "These are for you beautiful."

"Thank you." I took the flowers and found a vase to put them in. "So I'm cooking dinner, would you like to join us?"

"I have some errands to run. I just wanted to see you before I head out." Chris wrapped his arms around me.

"Im glad that you did, I wish I could come home." I sighed. I miss our comfortable bed, and our love making. Chris didn't understand how much this was torturing me to not be close to him.

"You know why you're not coming home Zana. We need to get the okay from the therapist. If you want this relationship to work, you need to stay with your parents." He said kissing my forehead. "I love you beautiful."

"I love you too. I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked him. Even though we weren't living together, Chris always made time for me. We would go on dates, have movie night, and so much more. But at the end of the night, he drove me back to my parent's house. A routine I was getting use to, and I hated so much.

"I'll see your sexy ass tomorrow." Chris walked to the door, and I was left alone in the kitchen.

Dinner was ready, and daddy walked through the backdoor with his fishing rod, and mama was coming down the steps looking well rested. "Daddy please go up and wash, you stink so bad. And dinner is ready."

"I thought you and your husband made up, when are you getting out of my house?" Daddy asked me placing the rod by the door, then kissed Mama's cheek.

"When I'm ready, now go and wash up." I demanded covering my nose.

I watched daddy walk up the stairs, and mama set at the table, "it smells so good in here. I can't wait to eat."

I placed a plate in front of mama, and one for daddy once he returned. "I hope you like it."