ch 17

Zana

I watched the police haul Rick away from the window of my office. I turned back to Ms. Sara who came back in with a bag of ice.

"Hold this to your face Tarzana." She said handing me the ice.

"I'm alright."

"No your not. You need to get a restraining order against that monster!" Ms. Sara exclaimed.

I set at my desk and picked up my cell phone to call Chris. He had picked up on the second ring, and I breathed a breath of relief. Just hearing his voice put me at ease lately.

"How are you beautiful?" Chris asked.

"Rick came by. He fought me, and the police just hauled him away."

"He did what?!" Chris yelled into the receiver. "I'm on my way to your office, so stay put." Chris hung up the phone.

Ms Sara smiled, "I hope you take my advice and get a restraining order, because if he'll come to the office and do something like this in front of other people, there's no telling what he'll do behind closed doors."

"Your right Ms. Sara. I'll just wait until Chris gets here, and we'll go downtown to the police station." I lied. I didn't won't the headache from people preaching at me, I just wanted Rick handled.

Ms. Sara hugged me, and left me alone in my office. I could hardly work, I just had Rick on my mind, and wondered where Kiara had been. Even though I didn't like her, I still felt like she needed help. Maybe I was being selfish, and was very angry at the time. But something in me should have helped her.

"Knock, knock." Chris tapped on the door opening it.

I smiled, and got up to hug him. Chris carefully grabbed my face, and seen that a bruise was forming on my cheek. "That bastard did this to you?"

I nodded, "but he's arrested. I'll just go downtown and press charges."

"I'll handle it, just like I handled your other situation."

I was confused then, "what are you talking about?"

"Carlos."

I backed away from him, still confused, "are you saying what I think your saying?"

Chris laughed and pulled me in close by my waist. "Hell no girl, I didn't kill the man if that's what you mean. Grab your stuff so we can go."....

****

Rick

"That fucking bitch!" I yelled. I was released from a holding cell on a thousand dollar bond, thanks to Eric.

"You need to leave that shit alone. That coke got you acting crazy." Eric said walking around to his car.

I got inside, and slammed the door. "Have you even seen Kiara?"

"Nope, and nobody knows where she is."

"That bitch didn't even deliver what was promised. I told her to bring Zana outside so that I could talk to her, and the plan went left. I was sitting outside in my car for hours until I realize that Kiara wasn't coming back." I leaned my head on the headrest closing my eyes, "I lost it when I seen Zana. I don't know what this girl has done to me, but I have to get her back."

Eric laughed and started up the engine. "Word on the streets is that she has a new man."

My eyes popped open at the mention of Zana and a new man. My heart began to race as I asked, "who is he?"

"Some big time brother. I think it's time for you to move on man." Eric said.

"Hell no! Zana is mine, and I'll have her one way or another. But I need to find Kiara, I'm horny and I need my fix now."

Eric shook his head, and continued to drive me back to my car. I jumped out of the car, and got into mine and drove to Kiara's house. That little bitch had some explaining to do. I gave her one job, and she couldn't even come through for me. I should have beat that baby out of her, but I let her keep it.

I ran up her walkway and banged on the door. When she didn't answer I kicked it in, looking around for Kiara, but she was nowhere to be found.

The sun was setting, and I was driving around looking for Kiara. I had decided to stop at her sister's apartment. I turned the engine off and headed up the stairs of the beat down apartment building. I banged on the door as if I was the police.

"Who is it?" She asked from behind the door.

"Man open this door before I knock it down!" I yelled still banging.

"Kiara is not here, go away!"

"No! Open the damn door Tonya."

I was getting aggrieved at this point. Tonya knew how I was from the last time. I turned around and started kicking the door.

"I'm calling the police Rick, go away!" Tonya cried.

Finally, the door flew open from my kick, and I entered going from room to room. I went back to the livingroom where Tonya was trying to call the cops, but I threw the phone against the wall, picking her up in the air by her neck.

"Where is she?" I asked while choking her. Sweat poured from my face, and I could tell my high was coming down.

"I don't know!" She was choking and crying.

"I know you know where Kiara is at!" I flung her against the wall.

"Rick I don't know, she left a voicemail saying that she was leaving town, that's it." She cried still holding her neck.

I headed for the door, and toward my car. I was going to find Kiara, and when I did, there was going to be hell to pay....