ch 7

Chris

Vanessa and I had become close for the week that I've known her. She had been staying at my place, and I had been giving her exactly what her body needed.

I was sitting on the patio with a beer in my hand, relaxing, and taking in all the sun rays. My cell phone buzzed from the table, and I seen Beautiful pop on the caller ID along with her picture.

"What's up, Zana?" I asked propping my foot on the table.

"I need to see you." She spoke with her soft voice. "I'm right outside, please open the door."

The line went silent, And the doorbell rang. I tried to get to the door before Vanessa pranced to it. I was to late, Vanessa swung the door open, and greeted Zana with a smile. "Hello?"

"I need to see Chris."

Vanessa turned to me with a confused look on her face. She didn't even bother to close her red silk robe.

I waved Zana in, and she followed me to the patio.

"Vanessa, give us a minute babe."

Zana's eye brow rose, like she knew that I didn't have another woman in my home. Zana set on the chair in front of the patio door. She shut it and turned to me.

"Same girl from the pool hall?" She asked.

I nodded, "so what's up, Zana, I haven't heard from you in a week, and you have the nerve to do a pop up?"

Zana sighed, "I'm going away for awhile. I'm sorry about everything. I should have noticed how right you were in a lot of things."

I set across from her, and really didn't know what she was talking about. "What happened?"

A tear dropped from her eyes, she wouldn't even look me in my eyes. "I caught him with my best friend."

Damn. Zana was going through a lot, I just wanted to hold her in my arms, but the last conversation I had with her she made it clear that it was a fuck me.

"I should have left him for you along time ago, but I see it's to late." Zana looked back at the window and then back at me. I could see the puffy eyes, and runny nose. She had been hurting, and I wasn't there as usual to make her feel better. "It's to late now, you've moved on "

I couldn't say anything, especially no. How could I when I had another woman in my home half naked prancing around like she paid bills.

Zana rose from her seat, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'm going away to get my head together. I'm sorry about everything, Chris. And I promise this will be the last time you see me." Zana disappeared through the sliding doors, and finally I could hear the alarm from the front door indicating someone had left the house.

I was torn. Tarzana was perfectly flawed, but I wanted her so bad. But she had put me through bullshit. All the late nights of coming over, and the early mornings of leaving before the sun appeared in the sky, just to get back to her man.

I walked back inside, and Vanessa was in the kitchen leaning on the island. "I thought you said that you didn't know her?"

"Not now Vanessa. Look, I need to head out for a while, maybe we could hook up later on." I said to her.

Vanessa sighed, and walked toward the stairs. I felt like I was in the same boat that Zana was in, playing with another woman's heart.

"I don't know if you're trying to convince me, or yourself, but Chris I see that you love that girl. And the tears in her eyes tell me she feels the same way." Vanessa said disappearing up the stairs.

Almost a year Zana and I had been playing this game, and now that her heart was broken, and the truth about her man has come to the surface, she wanted me. I didn't want to play seconds in her life anymore, that shit hurt as bad, watching her walk out of my home back to her man. Each and every time she left me shown me how she really felt. Maybe my brother was right, maybe I should've left her alone along time ago.

Rick

What was I thinking? Fucking around with Zana's best friend, it was bad enough I was messing around with other broads. This time I knew I had crossed the line. Zana was my heart, and I didn't want to hurt her, but here I was once again breaking her heart time and time again.

I raced through traffic trying to get home to apologize to Zana, and get my baby back. I would do anything to win her heart again. When I arrived to our home, she was nowhere to be found, so I rushed over to her parents home.

When I got there, I got out running up the brick walkway, and banging on the door. Leroy, Zana's father opened the door and his nonchalant expression turned into straight anger.

"Is Zana home?" I asked trying to see behind him.

Leroy folded his arms, "if she was I wouldn't allow her to see your punk ass. Get off my property before I put a cap in your ass boy!"

"Look Leroy, I know I hurt Zana, but I want to make things right with her." I was pleading now, and if I had to get on my knees and beg to see her, then so be it.

"Are you deaf, get the hell off my property."

Leroy slammed the door in my face. I leaned against the door, wondering where the hell was Zana? I knew I did it this time. She had never disappeared on me, Zana had rather fight me then to leave.

My cell phone rang, and I quickly answered it thinking that it was Zana. "Zana!"

"No it Kiara."

I looked at the sky, this girl was obsessed with me. All I ever did was fuck her, no conversation afterwards. "What do you want?"

There was a brief silence before she began, "I need to see you. Come by."

"Man fuck you! You ruined the best thing that ever happened to me!"

"Please, Rick I love you, alright. Just come by so we can talk about this. "

I hung up on her. I wasn't about to give this whore the time of day. I wanted my woman, and I wanted her now! How could I have been so stupid?

Zana's parents door swung open, and I was met with Carson's fist to my face. I flew off the porch, and Carson ran down the steps and stood over my body. I held my face, and tried to move away, when I was met with another punch to the face. "That's for hurting my sister!"

Carson held a gun at my chest. I was afraid that he was going to shoot me, I had heard stories about how ruthless this man could get.

"Please don't shoot me!"

"Get the fuck up off my parents property, and don't come back!" Carson yelled, and walked away. I did as I was told and got the hell up out of there.

I sped away in my car, and didn't look back. I was still determined to find Tarzana.