Chapter 4

9:42 am and I was in the bed. I stretched out, then realized that I wasn't in my own. My eyes almost popped out when I remembered where I was. The sun rays were shining through the blinds. I hopped out of bed quickly, almost falling to the floor.

"Shit!" I scurried around looking for my bra and panties. I noticed that Chris was stirring in his sleep. I found my dress and slipped it over my head, looking for my shoes.

"Good morning." Chris yawned sitting up shirtless. Lord that body turned me on.

"Hey. I got to get going." I walked over to the dresser where my phone was sitting. I picked got up, and noticed not one Miss call from Rick. "It was...fun."

"Yeah, you must be going back to that dude." Chris lay back, and closed his eyes. "You couldn't be that stupid ma."

I stood there with anger on my face. "Fuck you Chris! I can't help who I love!"

"You can, especially when you know he's playing with your heart. But hey, who am I to judge you. Do you at least need a ride home?"

I shook my head no. "I'll catch an Uber."

"Alright." Chris covered his head with his blanket. "Let yourself out."

I stormed out of the door, and out of the condo waiting out front for my Uber.

****

I walked up the walkway, and noticed that Rick's car wasn't in the driveway. I made my way inside and into my room where I crawled into bed covering my face with the blanket. I knew I was wrong for fucking Chris, but it was just so good. I couldn't imagine hurting Rick. He was my heart, and one day he would be my husband. I vowed right then that Chris was a one time thing.

Hearing the front door open, I quickly got up, and ran to our bathroom that was connected to our bedroom. I started the shower up, quickly jumping out of my dress. I got inside, and quickly washed the evidence of last night's mishaps.

"Baby!" I heard Rick call out from down the stairs. When I didn't answer, Rick made his way up the steps. The bathroom door opened, and I heard him sigh loudly. "Zana, I'm sorry, I got caught up with work, and then I went out with Marvin. I fell asleep at his house. I'm sorry baby."

I didn't speak. I washed my body, and rinsed it before stepping out turning the faucet off. Rick stood by the door with his arms stretched out for me to enter. Walking passed him, I grabbed my towel and dried off.

"Were you up waiting for me?"

"What the hell do you think Rick?" My voice risen with every word. "Right now I don't even want to see you. I'm going over to Kiara's."

"No the hell you are not! Look we need to sit down and talk about this." Rick said sitting on the bed.

"Talk about what?"

"I know I was wrong baby, and I'm sorry."

I sighed. Here I was mad at this man for standing me up, when I was out sexing another man."it's cool."

Rick grabbed me by my hands, and led me to his lap. "I want to make it up to you. Get dressed, I'm taking you out."

"Out where?"

"It's a surprise baby."

I quickly got up, and hurried over to my walk in closet to pick out an outfit for the day. I wanted to forget about last night, and all the tears I had cried for Rick. I quickly got dressed in a pair of jeans, and a silk top, slipping on a pair of wedge heels. My hair was neatly brushed down my back, and lipgloss and eye shadow was applied. I walked down the stairs to see Rick was standing by the door on his phone.