Ch 42

Chris

I had the pictures right in front of my face, thanks to Alicia. She had been very useful for the most part. I went over each one thoroughly, making sure I viewed every detail before I presented my case.

My doorbell rang, and I slid the pictures under the cushion of the couch. I got up and answered the door. Jason stood at the door with a wide smile.

"Twin brother, how is life?" He asked me while pushing past me.

"I should be asking you the same thing." I said following him to the den.

Jason seemed happier since he'd been out of the hospital. "I'm great. Carson moved in with me, and he's treating me good."

I couldn't stand the ground Carson walked on. In my eyes the brother wasn't shit. "Cool."

"I wish you two would get along." He sighed and set down on my recliner. "Just because I've grown into who I really am, doesn't mean our relationship has to change."

"It changed once you got with that man." I honestly said. "I don't care if you like men, but why the hell did it have to be Carson." His name alone tasted foul.

Jason changed the subject. "How's ma and pop?"

"They're good."

He nodded. "Pop don't answer the phone for me anymore." He sighed, "I guess that's expected."

"He doesn't answer because he had to pay the bill to the hospital that you decided to go AMA."

Jason shrugged, I could tell that he really didn't care. I decided to pour me something hard to calm me down.

"I need to show you something." I said walking toward the living room. I reached for the stacks of pictures I had. "You see this?"

I handed the pictures to Jason and he studied every last detail of the picture, then handed them back. "This doesn't mean anything."

"It means everything. I got Alicia to follow him for weeks!" I yelled, throwing the pictures in his face.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He asked with tears in his eyes.

This man was trying reverse psychology on me. "Jason this isn't even about you!"

"Yes it is, you see that I'm happy and you want to ruin my happiness with some photoshopped photos. He wouldn't do that!" Jason hollered back at me.

I sighed, because now I know my brother was truly blinded by love.

"Until you accept Carson, I have nothing more to say to you."

I pointed at the door, "bye."

Jason stormed out of my house, and I could have careless. I picked the pictures up off the floor and hid them back under the cushion of the sofa.

I dialed up Eric, I needed to get something straight. "Yo, man we got a problem."

*****

Kiara

"I'm so glad you're okay!" I was so excited to see Zana up and laughing.

"Well, I have physical therapy three times a week, fun!" She sarcastically said.

I set in her bed next to her, "it's not all bad, you can stay with your parents and get waited on you hand and foot."

Zana rolled her eyes at me, "I've been out for four days now, and that's all they've been doing Ki, don't judge me, but I'm so tired of seeing their faces."