Ch 51

Kiara

Monday morning I was down at the courthouse waiting on Mr. Banks to arrive. I was pacing the entrance way getting very inpatient. Last night I went to the jail to visit Eric, but the officers told me that he wasn't allowed to have visitors until he appears in front of the judge on Monday. It was Monday, and I hadn't heard a word about him being sent to appear.

Mr. Banks walked in with his brief case, looking like a million bucks. The bald white man smiled up at me, he was at least five foot even. "You're Kiara Washington?" He asked me with those flirting green eyes.

"Yes, when will my man get to see the judge?" I asked him.

"He'll see the judge in about twenty minutes. I'll go and meet with him before then, and I'll come and get you with any information."

I nodded and held my hands over my heart to say a quick prayer. I couldn't believe Eric was locked up, and Sky's ass was missing in action. I had blown her phone up, and every call I made to her was sent to voicemail.

Mr. Banks walked out the double doors, and waved me inside. The courtroom was filled with offenders, sheriffs, and of course the judge. There were a few people seated already, so I went to sit right behind Mr. Banks.

The judge was an older gentleman who wasn't taken any shit that day. I was so nervous for Eric. When I seen Eric in a orange jumpsuit, I broke down silently. My man deserved to be home with me and Ella.

"Mr. Smith, you are here for resisting arrest, and malicious wounding of a Sky Baker, as well as attempted murder. How do you plea Mr. Smith?" Judge Erin asked him.

He was handcuffed, and had two officers on each side of him. Eric looked back, and found me. He smiled at me, and mouthed, "I love you."

"I love you!" I mouthed feeling my heart breaking I had recently got Eric back in my life only to have him snatched away.

"Mr. Smith?" Judge Erin got his attention.

"Not guilty Your Honor." He spoke with confidence.

"Due to the attempted murder charge, there will be no bail, and your court date to appear in front of a judge will be two months from now."

Eric nodded, and walked to the back with the two officers escorting him out. I stormed out of the courtroom, why couldn't Eric make bail? Mr. Smith walked out and found me.

"Ms. Washington, we are going to fight that attempted murder charge, but the malicious wounding charge, he may face at least two years."

"I would rather see him with two years than a life sentence. Fight this case Mr. Banks!" I yelled and walked out of the courthouse.  I was going to find Sky and beat her ass myself.

Zana

My mother and I were at the Brian Center for the rehabilitation program. My father declined to take Carson, he was still upset about Carson trying to kill me. I understood my daddy, but I just couldn't see my brother in this state.

"Are you two the Andrews?" A doctor asked us walking into the waiting room.

We nodded, and stood close to the Doctor. We hoped and prayed that they were able to help Carson, we had arrived nine in the morning, and it was already three in the afternoon.

"We ran a drug screen on Carson, and he is lucky to even be alive." Doctor Phelps stated looking over Carson's charts.

Mama looked at me, and then back to the doctor, "what was in his system doctor Phelps?"

"Well, we've found marijuana, crack cocaine, meth, and oxycodone."

Mama gasped and held her hand to her mouth, "my poor baby."