Ch 14

Chris

"So what do you wanna do?" Jason asked me sitting on the passenger side of my car. I was staring straight ahead at the little house on a dead end street. There was only one street light on the street, so this plan was perfect.

"I need you to be look out " I said.

After reassuring Vanessa that nothing was going on with Zana and I, I still felt like I should help her out with the Carlos thing. He could have raped her, or worse. I couldn't have that on my brain.

"All for that girl?"

"Look man, I'm not with Zana but she still someone I hold dear to me. If you can't understand then get the fuck out. You don't have to like her, but either do this for me or get the fuck out."

Jason threw his hands in the air as to surrender, "alright, damn bro. I'll look out. Just be careful."

I stepped out of the car, and grabbed the metal bat that was in the backseat. Closing the door, I crept across the street to the back door of Carlos's quiet home. His car had been in the driveway, but the lights were off . I noticed that the back window was open, and decided to climb through. Careful not to trip over anything. I snuck throughout the house looking for the man who attempted to rape Zana.

His bedroom door was ajar, and I slowly opened the door seeing that he was under his sheet, snoring. I shoved the bat into his side. "Wake your ass up!" I roared at him.

His eyes opened, and a shocked look spread across his face. "Mr. Damewood, w-what are you doing here?" He asked sitting up, Frightened that a black man was in his home.

"You tried to rape Zana."

"No, I didn't she's lying. She wanted me to have sex with her but-"

The bat went crashing into his leg. "Shut the fuck up!"

I started to think of the attack and swung the bat across his face. He curled over trying to block every blow. I wouldn't stop hitting him until I seen blood.

"Please stop!"

"Don't you ever touch her again!"

"I won't, I swear just stop!" Carlos cried.

I knew I had broken his arm, and almost cracked his skull in, but I didn't care, he would learn not to mess with mine. "Quit your job tomorrow and I don't ever won't you near her again do you understand?"

Carlos nodded and his blood stained tears wouldn't even faze me. "I'll quit in the morning "

"If not then I'll have my boys come after you and finish the job, I'm done playing with you white boys. " I headed for the front door and ran toward my car.

Jason set in the driver's seat and sped away from the neighborhood. "So how did it go? Do I need to call Booker to finish the job?"

I shook my head no. "I think he got the message."

*****

Kiara

"Please Kiki! I want you to go to the police!" Tonya said to me. I was laying on her lap while she was rubbing my back. I had cried to her about all the abuse Rick had caused.

"It's supposed to be like he loved Zana, I mean, is this what she went through with him?" I cried.

"I doubt it. Look, Rick loved Zana, he worshipped her, and he may think that you are the reason she's not coming back."

I turned to face Tonya. "I can't go to the police, I love him so fucking much!"

Tonya rolled her eyes. "Do you even love yourself?! Look at you, black eyes, bruised all over your damn body! The next time he does this it might be the last."

I set up and sighed. I had been camped out at my sister's house for a few days, because I had ran away from Rick. I didn't think he would do these things to me, especially with me having his baby.

"Is it worth it Kiara?" Tonya asked me holding my hand.

I started to cry even harder, but I had to face my truth. "I miss her so much. If I knew that life with Rick would be like this, I wouldn't have hurt my best friend."

Tonya sighed, "you can't change the past baby sister, but you can try to fix the future. And the first thing you need to do is leave Rick alone, and file a police report."

I shook my head no. "You don't know Rick, he will find me and kill me!"

"And that's why I'm here, I don't play that shit Kiara, and you know that. We'll do this together ok?" She said smiling at me, then pulling me in for a hug.

I knew that Tonya was right, I needed to stay away from Rick for my safety and my unborn child. I lay back down on her lap and fell asleep until there was a hard knock at the door.

Tonya moved me out the way, and went to see who was knocking. Tonya unlocked the door, and the door swung open almost knocking her off of her feet.

"Bitch, get your ass to the car now!" Rick stormed inside and pulled me by my bruised arm.

"You're hurting me!" I screamed, and called out to my sister. "Tonya!"

"Get off of her!" Tonya said running up to Rick.

Rick back handed Tonya and she flew into her hallway mirror causing it to break into little pieces. I screamed for help, but Rick punched me in my mouth.

"Did you think you were going to leave that easily? I'm not done with your ass Kiara!"

I fell to my knees, but Rick dragged me out the door. "Please Rick, just let me go!"

"Get the fuck in the car!"

I tried breaking loose from his hold, but he grabbed me by my hair and aggressively pulled me to the car. He was high, I could tell. Finally giving in, I was thrown into the back seat, and Rick got into the passenger seat while Eric pulled away from my sister's house.

I cried silently, wondering where the two men were going to take me. If I stay I would be battered, if I go I would be hunted and battered. I decided to just stay and endure the pain that was yet to begin again.