Ch 23

Chris

I arrived back in town from a business meeting that my twin brother couldn't make. Time after Time I wondered why did my pops keep him in the family business anyway. I was in the airport waiting on my suitcase when I heard my brothers loud obnoxious voice calling me from way down the busy airport.

I sighed turning around and seen him and Vanessa prancing up to me. I was confused and I knew my face shown just how much confusion I had.

"What's up bro?" My brother asked giving me a pound.

I looked from him to Vanessa. She was wearing a tight maxi dress that shown just how pregnant she really was. "What the hell are you doing here Vee?"

Vanessa placed her hands on her hips. "Jason invited me to see you!" She smiled and stepped into my space to hug me.

I wasn't feeling this reunion one bit. For one, this girl played to many games, and for two I still haven't talked to Zana about some issues that I was having with her. I looked to my brother for confirmation of this get together, but his ass just shrugged me off.

"Man let's roll, I  got things to handle." I said walking between the two of them. I was livid with Jason for bringing Vanessa, but we would have words later on.

"Could you help me Chris, my ankles are swollen." Vanessa said stopping to rub her ankles.

I laughed and pointed at Jason, "na, ask the man who brought you here."

Vanessa smacked her teeth and continued to follow me out the revolving doors. Jason caught up with me and grabbed my arm. "Yo, why the fuck you dissing Vanessa like that, can't you tell that she's in love with you? "

I pushed Jason's hand away from mine, and didn't bother with the fact that Vanessa was in ear shot of us. "Look, she's engaged to another man, and is pregnant with another man's baby, so you can quit with the match maker shit." I looked at Vanessa from head to toe. Yeah, she was still beautiful, but underneath it all she was manipulative. Something just didn't sit right with me about her.

"Well, pops called me in for a meeting so you have to take her home. Drop me off at the dealership." Jason said looking at his watch on his arm.

Jason popped the trunk, and I threw my suitcase inside. Jason opened the backdoor to the car for Vanessa, and I got into the driver's seat.

"Chris, could we talk?" Vanessa's sweet voice echoed throughout the quiet car. I closed my eyes for a brief second then merged into the airport traffic.

Jason smirked from the passenger seat staring out of the window. I looked in the rearview mirror at her. Her eyes were glossy as if she was on the verge of tears. "What's up?" I decided to stay calm with her, I really didn't know her reasons behind all the lies.

I stopped the car in front of the dealership. My father was out front showing off a brand-new Rolls Royce to two women. Jason hopped out of the car, and I drove off, leaving Vanessa in the back seat, I thought the more distance we had between us the better.

"I didn't won't to lie to you, I was just stuck between a rock and a hard place. And when I met you, it was like my whole world had changed."

I laughed out of frustration, "says the woman who was sleeping with two men." I decided to pull over the car and turn to face her. "Tell me, who is the father?"

She looked down at her lap, "I don't know."

"I should have left you where I met your ass that night yo!" I was upset and didn't give a damn about showing it. "What are you doing with my brother?"

"I met with your dad."

I clasped my hands together, I needed to do something with my hands before I strangled her ass. "For what?"

Vanessa sighed, and looked away from me. Her eyes landed on something out of the window. "I needed to tell him that I was pregnant and it may be with your child."

"Doubt that shorty."

"It's a possibility Chris!" Her tears fell from her eyes, and her face became red with sadness. "I came by to tell you all about your girlfriend or what ever she is to you."

My eye brow rose. Here this girl was engaged to another man, and she wants to tell me about another woman. "What about her?"

"She's back with Rick." A smirked spread across her face, she knew that she had hit a nerve.

"How do you know this? I know that Zana didn't tell you this because she can't stand your ass." I admitted with the same smirk that she gave me.

She opened her mouth to speak, but a truck behind me laid on it's horn. I stuck up my middle finger to whom ever was driving and started the car up.

"I do love you Chris," she admitted, "I want to be with you."

I turned the corner, ignoring her completely. I needed to get to the bottom of Zana and Rick. If what I heard was true, then that talk I needed to have with her was not needed. I needed answers.

                   ****

Rick

Her cries didn't mean shit to me. I knew if I let Zana go that that would be the end of us. I had her tied to the bed for a free hours now, hoping that she would come to her senses. She had agreed to kill Kiara if I let her go, but I wasn't a fool; she'll run.

"I'm telling you the truth Rick. It's just you and me!" Zana cried. Her hands were tied to the bed post, while her naked body was in full view. I knew someone was loving her body, just as much as I loved it. Those curves, that dark brown skin. Those eyes that I loved so damn much. It infuriated me so much to know she was loving another man, and not me.

I smacked her lying lips. I watched her flinch as my hand cocked back once more, but this time I didn't dare hit her. She was my queen, and I was supposed to be her king.

"So you'll do it?" I asked her with a lowered tone. I set next to her on the bed, watching how nervous she became. Zana nodded her head with tears falling from her pretty brown eyes. I caressed her cheek to let her know that everything was alright.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I picked up with my eyes still glued to Zana's face. "What?"

"Hey are you busy?" She asked me.

"Girl you better have some good news, or I'm hanging the hell up."

She huffed into the phone, "I do. But you have to promise me that you'll leave me alone."

I got up from the bed and walked to the hallway and shutting the door behind me. "What the hell do you mean leave you alone, did you forget about that thing growing inside of you?"

"Look Rick, this thing we had shouldn't have went any further than it did. And then you hit on me and make me do shit like this! I'm tired okay?" She said, I could hear her crying through the phone and that only pissed me off more. "Please, I've done everything. I've even stole money for you, and slept with men just to keep you satisfied."

I laughed, "you were already a whore when I met you, did you forget?"

"Do you ever let me forget?"

I was quiet, and she knew whenever I was quiet that meant that I wasn't playing.

"Look meet me at my house tonight, and I'll tell you everything. I just wont you out of my life for good. You're fucking crazy!" She yelled then hung up the phone.

I knew I shouldn't have had sex with her ass. I placed the phone back into my pocket, and headed back into the room. Zana stared up at me with her smirk, "your new bitch acting up?"

"You're my only girl, Zee." I said sitting next to her. "I have to run out for awhile. I took your keys and will be taking your brothers car. I'll be back shortly."

"Fuck you!" She spat.

I sighed, why couldn't these women act right? I headed for the door hoping to return to my woman shortly....