66

Chris

I was sitting in the passenger seat of Eric's car in front of my house. We had just left for the fitting of the tuxedos of his best men. Eric was running late for the cake tasting that Kiara was planning on having with her brides maids.

"Damn, it's almost the big day, bro." I said to him.

"Yeah man, who knew that my ass would be the one walking down that isle. Shit, and with a crazy woman like Kiara." He laughed.

"Y'all deserve it." I admitted feeling my own life in shambles thanks to Zana. I really thought we would have made it, but the thought of her keeping shit away from me hurt big time. I thought I knew the woman that I had married, guess I was wrong.

"You not tripping about me sleeping with Zana are you? Man, that shit was years ago, way before we knew you. And it meant nothing."

"To be honest, Eric, I did feel some type of way about the shit. But I'm upset about her knowing my brothers whereabouts. I needed her to be upfront with me, but her ass couldn't do that." I sighed looking at the car in the driveway. I knew it belonged to Zana. I didn't really want to go inside and confront her. All I needed was her to sign those divorce papers and be on my way.  I loved that girl more than anything, but I wasn't going to stand by and let her ass like to me.

"Just talk to her." Eric suggested. "Zana's a good girl, she probably don't know what a real man is. Remember she was with Rick, and that dude put her through some shit."

"Alright, man, I'll talk to you later on." I got out the car, and grabbed my tux out the back seat. I walked up to the house and opened the door. Right away I noticed flower peddles leading up to the bedroom. I sighed, and followed them up the steps. I could hear Zana's favorite slow jams on the stereo in the bedroom. I opened the door, and Zana was spread out on the bed naked as the day she was born.

"Hey baby." She smiled up at me.

"Zana, what the hell are you doing in my house?" I asked placing the tux on the top of the dresser. Zana stood up and walked over to me.

"I missed you."

"Have you signed those papers yet?" I asked her moving away from her.

She shook her head no, and followed me to the bed. "I know I messed up Chris, but I don't want our marriage to end."

"Then tell me the truth!" I yelled.

Zana fell to her knees, trying to unbuckle my belt. I moved her hands away from me. "Quit."

"I promise I'll do anything, I'll be submissive, just don't do this Chris!"

I set on the bed feeling annoyed with her presence. "Are you done?"

"No."

"Tell me the truth Zana."

She set next to me on the bed. "Even if I tell you, you're going to leave me."

I didn't say anything, and I guess she got the hint. I wasn't going to play her silly ass games.

"Fine!" Zana grabbed her robe from the dresser, and quickly put it on. "I was at my old apartment, and someone knocked on the door. I hid in the closet, because I didn't know who it could've been. After your mother died, I knew that Jason was going to blame me." She explained and set next to me. "Carson opened the door, and I could hear and see everything from the coat closet. Jason wanted to kill me, and had said so himself. I knew Jason was out for blood."

"Then what happened?" I asked, feeling like I already knew the answer to my own question.

"Carson didn't take his threats lightly. He knew that Jason was serious, and I knew it too. Even when Carson told him not to talk about me like that, he kept on. He was going to kill me." Zana looked away from me, I knew their was more. "Carson pulled the trigger."