Ch 27

Chris

I didn't know this man, but I was here at the hospital helping him. Eric lay in the hospital bed with a gun shot wound to his leg, angry at the way the plan had paned out. I set in the chair next to the bed after calling Zana and Kiara letting them know where we are.

"I can't believe that nigga got away." Eric said for the umpteenth time in less than ten minutes.

We were both visibly upset by how everything went down. Kiara and Zana walked in the room with worried looked on their faces. Kiara walked to the bed taking Eric's hand into hers. She was wearing a night gown and some green slide in shoes. Her leather jacket was open showing off her protruding belly.

"What happened, damn Eric, you done went and got your ass shot!" Kiara said.

Eric smirked at her, "I'm good, it's just my leg."

Kiara sighed, and looked over at a worried Zana. She was silently staring at Eric's leg that was wrapped in an ace wrap.

"Are you okay over there?" Eric asked her.

She looked up at Eric and smiled weakly. "I'm fine. When can you leave?"

"As soon as the doctor writes me up my pain prescription."

I decided to pull Zana to the side. "Let me speak with you in the hall."

Zana nodded and followed me out of the door. She stood their with her arms crossed.

"What's up with you?"

"It's just a whole lot of things going on. You two could have been killed, I might as well just give myself to Rick." She sighed with tears streaming down her face.

I took her into my chest. "This ain't your fault Zana. That man needs to be dealt with."

"I've been meaning to have a talk with you." I told her, pulling away from prying eyes and ears. I found a visitor room, where there wasn't a soul in sight. I set her down on my lap, "You do know how much I care for you right?"

She nodded slowly.

"I want you to be my girl, and just know that I would ride for you through all of this okay?"

Once again she nodded, wrapping her arms around my neck, "I love you Chris."

I had never told a woman I loved her, but how I felt with Zana was real. Even when she had a man I couldn't stop fucking with her, there was something real, and genuine about her. Her shyness, personality, and jokes kept me intrigued. I didn't want what we had to ever end.

"I think I'm falling for you too." Was all I could say to her. Those big beautiful brown eyes pierced a whole into mine as if she was searching for the right words to say to me. But instead of speaking her lips pressed against mine.

Zana broke the kiss, and smiled at me, "don't hurt me alright?"

"Never."

****

Kiara

I slapped Eric on the arms for getting himself shot. "Damn Ki, what was that for?" He asked me holding his arm pretending that I'd hurt him.

"I told you before don't get hurt, now look at you." I rolled my eyes at him, then set beside him on the hospital bed. "I was so worried, and when Chris said that you had been shot I thought the worst."

Eric lifted my chin toward him, "I told you I got you, right?"

I nodded at him. Being pregnant had my hormones going crazy lately, I had never cried so much in my life. "Don't get shot again, or I'll hunt you down and kill you myself."

Eric held his hands up in the air, "you have my word." Then he kissed me.

I was so horny, I kissed him long and hard, pushing his body back into the bed, hoping on top of him

"Kiara my leg!" He yelled in pain.

I jumped up forgetting about his wounded leg. "I'm sorry, I forgot."

Eric laughed at me and slapped my ass. "Give me a kiss girl."

I gave him a kiss while standing, I didn't wont to hurt his leg again.

The door crept open, and Chris and Tarzana walked in smiling, "Ew you two are nasty!" Chris laughed at us.

"So where did you go?" I asked Zana who stood behind Chris who set in the chair across from the bed.

She smiled and kissed his forehead, "we finally made it official."

"Good for you!" Eric said.

I really was happy for Zana, she deserved to be happy, I just wished that we could mend our friendship, but I knew that it would take some time to won her trust again.

"I'm heading home," Chris stated to everyone.

"Could you drop me off at my parents house so that I could feel them in about Vanessa." She asked.

"Vanessa?" Eric asked. Everyone turned to him, "Vanessa Tega."

"Yeah man," Chris said shaking his head at the thought, "that was my ex."

Eric laughed, "stop fucking playing man."

"Really? What's up."

Eric shook his head, "that's the girl Rick was also fucking with. He got her ass pregnant too."

All eyes were on Eric. This was news to everyone in the room. Eric looked at all of us.

"She's dead." Zana finally said, "and she was engaged and pregnant with my brother's child."

Eric laughed, "I'm telling you, Vanessa Tega was pregnant with Rick's baby. And if she's dead then that nigga is as crazy as I thought he was."

****

Rick

I waited on the happy couple to get home for hours. I had even nodded off from my high. When I woke, it was morning, and still no sign of Chris. As I was about to leave, I heard a car outside pull up. I started to smile, and grabbed my gun to hide myself behind the door.

"Got your ass now boy!" I said to myself.

I was anxious, he had fucked my girl and now he was going to pay. Chris placed the key in the door and turned slowly. My adrenaline was at a all time high, as my gun pointed toward the door.

The door slowly opened, and my gun went off as soon as I seen his face. POW! I bent down in front of the man I thought was Chris and spit on him. "That's for fucking my woman bitch!" The deed was done, I darted out the back and into the morning air.

Now nobody was standing in my way of being with Tarzana Andrews. Nobody.