Ch 30

Chris

I had been by my brothers side for a whole week. I felt guilty when he was shot, that was supposed to be me, instead, my twin brother was in the hospital fighting for his life.

We were currently at my parents estate, in Jason's old bedroom playing video games. Jason's torso was wrapped in bandages, and he would flinch now and then from the pain.

"Have you spoken with Tariana?" Jason asked while staring at the television.

"Her name is Tarzana for the last time, and no, I really don't have much to say to her." I admitted.

"She saved my life dude."

He was right, she did. If it wasn't for her coming by the house, Jason would probably be dead. I put all the blame on her, but I wasn't ready to face her just yet. My focus right now was my family.

"You're the one that don't even like her, now your rooting for her?"

Jason laughed, "man, all I know is that you're whipped as fuck! And there is no need for me to stand in your way of being with her, you don't listen to nothing I say. It doesn't matter if I like her or not, but she still saved my life."

Pop knocked on Jason's bedroom door and stepped inside. "Chris let me talk to you in my office."

I handed my brother the controller, and headed toward his office down the winding steps. His office was huge. Full of books, and pictures of the family. I set behind his marbled desk waiting on him to speak.

"So I meant to speak with you after we left the hospital a week ago. Who exactly is that woman Tarzana?" He asked his face was like stone. It was so hard to read my father throughout the years.

"She was a girl that I was seeing."

He nodded, "why haven't me or your mother officially met this young lady? Your mother has been asking to speak with her."

I shrugged, "I broke things off with her."

"You feel that it was her fault that your brother was shot?"

I nodded again.

"Look son, she had nothing to do with that psycho. If anything you should have been thanking this young lady for saving his life."

First Jason, now my father. I felt bad for the way that I ended things with Zana. She really didn't deserve to be treated like that, but I needed someone to lash out on, and since I couldn't hurt Rick, I hurt her instead.

"You care about this young lady, and I would hate for you to ruin something good with her." Pop stood to his feet, "talk to her, or you'll hear your mother's mouth. Now get the hell out my office."

I smiled, and headed out to the main floor. I hadn't been to my house in over a week, my father had set up security and surveillance systems throughout. I had been staying in my condo instead. I grabbed my car keys off the stand, and headed out.

                 ****

Zana

I knocked on Ryan's office door, waiting for him to open it for me. Ryan opened the door and smiled at me, "come in Tarzana."

I entered and set across from his desk. I didn't know what he wanted to see me about, but it must've been important. I had not  been in his office in a long while, so I knew that this meeting was serious.

"You wanted to see me sir?" I said watching him walk around to his chair, and set down.

"Yes. I don't know how to put this but...I'm pulling you from the Barkley's account." He said to me.