Ch 15

Tarzana

The food was cooking for the dinner I had planned for my brother and his new woman. I just prayed she wasn't like the last one; snobbish and ghetto. I had soft music playing throughout my condo while I cooked our dinner.

I had invited Chris over as well to apologize for going over to his place and causing a misunderstanding with his lady. I took off my apron, and went to slide my feet into my heels. My guest were due at any time. The doorbell rang, and I walked over to answer. I opened the door to my brother smiling ear to ear.

"Hey Carson, where is this girl I heard so much about?" I asked and gave him a hug.

He walked inside closing the door behind him, "she's coming she forgot her cellphone in the car." Carson rubbed his hands together, "it smells so good in here sis. What's on the menu?"

"Roast beef, cabbage, macaroni, and a salad." I said walking to the kitchen, "oh and I invited a friend to join us if that's alright with you."

Carson set on the sofa, kicking his feet on my coffee table. "That's cool, she's so nervous to meet you, but I got a feeling you two will hit it off."

I smiled at him, Carson was always trying to make me new friends with his girlfriends. The doorbell rang again, but I didn't bother to answer. Carson walked over to the door and swung the door open. "Sis!" He called out. I walked back into the room and came face to face with the last bitch I didn't want to see.

Her eyes met mine, and I couldn't believe she had the nerve to be dating my brother. "What the hell is she doing here?" I asked Carson feeling a little confused.

"Zana? You didn't tell me she was your sister!" Vanessa stepped back a little.

"You have got to be kidding me right now!" I laughed out of frustration.

Carson. Looked at the two of us confused. "You two know each other?"

Silence. I stared her down, and she did the same. I didn't know what games this girl was playing, but she wasn't about to be playing them with my brother.

"Zana, please don't say anything."

"Are you serious right now Vanessa?" I asked her, "you really want me to sit up in here and play like everything is going well?"

Vanessa started to cry, and Carson hugged her tightly. "Zana, I don't know what the hell is going on but I'm going to need for you to stop it right now."

Once again my door bell rang, and I eagerly walked over to answer. I swung the door open and Chris walked in. "Is everything alright?" He asked me. His eyes scanned the room, and it landed right on Vanessa.

I shrugged, "ask your woman."

Vanessa picked up her face from Carson's shoulder, and I watched everyone stop and stare at her.

"Chris let me explain!" Vanessa said running over to Chris.

Chris looked back at me, but I rolled my eyes and walked over to my loveseat.

"Vanessa..." Carson began not understanding what was going on.

I decided to help my brother out. "Vanessa has been dealing with the both of you. Carson, is this really the girl you thought I would fool with?"

Carson turned his attention to Vanessa. Finally his anger got the best of him. "You been screwing another man behind my back?"

"I can explain Carson. I love you, I really do but I love Chris too!"

"Woah!" Chris backed away from her. "You really doing this shit?"

Vanessa cried and nodded her head.