Ch 18

"Bus 99 will be boarding in fifteen minutes." The overhead speakers announced. I decided to go to the bathroom before boarding, I knew that there would be limited of stops, and my baby was always pushing down on my bladder.

I was heading to California, where nobody knew me, and I would be a distant memory to most.

"Excuse me, where are the bathrooms?" I asked the security guard who was standing by the desk. He pointed down a crowded hall, and I thanked him, and began speed walking toward the bathroom.

I entered and used the bathroom. After flushing I washed my hands, and stared into the mirror at my bruised face. I applied more concealer to hide what I could, then placed my hair into a ponytail. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and smiled. I was almost free!

"Kiara Washington." The familiar voice called out from behind me.

I opened my eyes and stared at Eric in the mirror. "How did you find me?" I asked with no hint of fear, but deep inside I was frightened.

"I know allot of people. Now let's go." Eric grabbed me by my arm, and tried pulling me toward the bathroom exit.

"I'm not going back to him!" I yelled running toward the stall.

"You don't have to, look I need you. "

I turned around to face him, "he will kill me."

"You can hide out at my house, just until I get what I need."

I didn't understand him at all. Rick and Eric were friends. I knew that this was a setup, and I rather die than be a part of whatever he had going on.

"I'm going to rob Rick, and I need you as bait." He admitted with a smirk.

"No, I don't won't any dealings Eric!"

He pointed the gun at my forehead, "I was trying to be nice. You have no choice in the matter Kiara, now let's go." He pointed at the bathroom door. "So until I get what I need, you're mine, got that?"

I nodded, and left the bathroom like he wanted. He pulled me toward the exit of the Grayhound, and pushed me into the passenger seat of his car. I was in tears, thinking of my next move.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"I need the money, and I want to see Rick sweat." He laughed, and pulled off toward a busy intersection.

We arrived at an apartment complex right across from a local strip club. I got out, and was hesitant to follow Eric up the stairs. I always knew he had a sinister side to him, but kidnapping me had never crossed my mind.

"Move faster!" He screamed at me, and pushed me up the stairs. We had entered the apartment, and all I could do without vomiting was cover my nose and mouth with the sleeve of my jacket.

"You live here?" I asked him. I looked around at the disgusting apartment. There were beer bottles and food wrappers everywhere. The apartment looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years. The couch was ripped and different stains were on it.

"What do you think?" He asked turning towards me. He got so close that I could feel his hot breath on my skin. I stepped back from his reach. "You'll stay here for awhile."

"No the hell I won't!" I said rolling my eyes at him. "Look at this place, is that a roach?"

Eric laughed at me when I jumped back. He then grabbed me by my ponytail and pulled me toward a back room. "Did you think you were going to stay in a five star hotel, bitch you ain't even a five star bitch." He swung me against the bedroom door.