Ch 35

Kiara

I left the doctor's office with Baby Ella in my arms. She had slept through her appointment, and I was glad due to the three shots the doctors had to give her.

Eric pulled up in his car, and I placed Ella in her car seat snuggly. "Did my baby cry?"

"No, she's such a good baby." I said getting into the passenger side of the car.

Eric was a great father figure to Ella, and I appreciated him dearly. I always wondered how a great man found me at my lowest, and still found faith to love me.

Eric squeezed my thigh and I looked over at him, "are you hungry?" He asked looking at his clock on the dash. "I got to get back to work in a few."

"Carson could at least let you come home at a decent hour." I playfully pouted with him.

"You know how he does. But check it, I needed to talk to you about something." He said pulling off into the busy down town traffic. "My friend is coming into town so we will have a visitor later on today."

I nodded, "it's cool. I'll clean up the toys in the living room for you guys."

Eric side eyed me, and then pulled into Wendy's drive thru. After getting our food, we headed home. Eric helped carry Ella up the stairs, kissed my cheek and headed back down.

I opened the door to our home, and hurried to clean up. I lay Ella down in her crib in our bedroom, and went back to the living room. Someone knocked on the door, and I got up to answer.

Standing on the other side of the door was a woman smiling from ear to ear. "Is Eric home?" She asked me looking around me to see if she had the right place.

I folded my arms, "and who are you?" I was giving her a whole attitude, but I didn't care. She was at my door asking for my man.

She hit the side of her head with the palm of her hand, "sorry, I'm Sky, I'm looking for my best friend Eric."

"Best friend? Eric doesn't have any of those." I looked at her from her feet back to her head. Sky had blonde hair, and her Gucci shades shielded her eyes. She was a petite woman who looked like she had just stepped off the cover of a magazine.

Sky placed her shades on her head, "Eric asked that I come by. So could I come in?"

I stepped to the side so she could step through. Sky looked around, "wow this is a nice place Eric has here." She set down on the sofa and crossed one leg over the other, "you must be his cousin?"

Little miss sky was really playing with me at that moment, "sweetie, I'm his woman."

Her eyes pop open, as she examined me from the top of my head to the slippers on my feet, "I guess Eric has really...upgraded." Sky giggled to herself.

As I was on my way toward her to choke her tiny ass out, Eric walked in. Saved by the Bell. Because home girl was really about to catch these hands.

"Yo Sky!" Eric walked over hugging her sweeping Sky off her feet.

Sky giggled like a school girl, and my irritation was all over my face. "Eric you look good!" She said to him.

Eric placed her back on her feet. "Damn girl you haven't changed, when did you get back in town?"

"Yesterday, you know I had to come see my best friend."

I cleared my throat loudly, and then all eyes were on me. "Oh yeah Sky, this is my girl Kiara, Ki, this is my home girl Sky."

I rolled my eyes, "we've met."