Ch 49

It had been two weeks since my altercation with Zana and her little ghetto friend. I needed to be careful from now on, I guess school didn't teach me to stay out of sight when investigating someone. I knew now, ever since my nose had broken. Dumb bitch.

"Excuse me, Alicia, you have someone here to see you." My assistant Cara said with my door slightly open.

I sighed, I didn't like unexpected visitors. "Who is it Cara?"

"Uh..."

"Well?"

She whispered looking behind her, "Tarzana."

My eyes almost fell out of my face. I stood up, and smooth the wrinkles out of my suit. "I'm busy, tell her that."

"Uh..."

Zana pushed passed Cara, walking into my office. "Bitch you are not busy, take a seat, now."

I did as I was told. I didn't want another broken nose or even worse. I must admit I underestimated Zana. I thought she was a flake, but I see now that she was as thorough and rough as her friend.

"Look Zana..."

Zana held her hand up to stop me from talking. "Shut the hell up Alicia. I need to know who hired your dumb ass."

"I can't give out that information Zana." I began to plead with my eyes, but she wasn't having it. Zana set down in front of my desk and looked me over. She had a flat effect plastered on her face.

"Who hired you?"

"I can't..."

Before I knew it, Zana leaped across the desk, and hemmed me up by my collar. "I'm not going to ask you again!"

"Look Zana, all I can tell you is that the person wanted evidence about you so that they could ruin your life, and your happy little life you're building with Chris." I wanted to cry, I knew this was bad.

"Was it my brother Carson?"

I shook my head no. "I really can't tell you this, please let me go."

Zana pushed me out of grasp, and I fell back into my chair. "What do you have on me?"

"I've given the person a few things on you." I admitted.

Zana walked around my desk and stood directly in front of me. I was afraid, I must admit. She scared the shit out of me. "Tell me."

"Please go."

"Tell me Alicia!" Zana grabbed my ponytail and held a tight grip on it so that my eyes were meeting her evil stare.

"About your past!"

Zana looked confused at first, then afraid. "My past?"

I nodded, and it seemed the hold got tighter. "Let me hair go!"

"Who would want to know about my past?" She asked me, but she knew I wasn't going to tell her. I hadn't been paid yet, so my mouth was sealed shut.

Zana let my hair go, and walked toward the door, pushing Cara out of the way. Cara ran over to me, "Alicia, are you alright? You need me to call the police?" She asked me.

"No, please don't. I'll handle it." I grabbed the phone on my desk and dialed a number, waiting for the person to pick up.

"Uh, we have a problem..." Zana was indeed going to be a problem. And if she was going to be the cause of money not being added to my account, then Zana and I were going to have a huge issue.

Kiara

"Are you ready to do this?" Eric asked me from the passenger side.

I looked at him, gripping the wheel as tight as I could. "I can't do this Eric."