Ch 43

Zana

"Daddy, I'm fine." I said grabbing my crutches out of the backseat of his car. Daddy had decided that he would go with me to every physical therapy session I had, since he retired months prior. I didn't mind it at first, but daddy was like my own personal cheerleader. Every accomplishment I had in therapy he would cheer me on.  It was embarrassing, but I loved my daddy. He would record me and send updates to my mom, I felt smothered and like a child that just started kindergarten over again.

He held the door open for me while I hopped on one leg to balance the crutches under my arm. "All I'm saying baby girl is that it's okay to ask for help."

"I'm not that kind of girl, daddy."  I said making my way up the walkway to the house. I looked up and Chris was sitting on the steps watching me in amusement.

"You look good Zana." He said while standing to his feet.

And so did he. Chris was wearing a red and black checkered long sleeved button up, with some dark blue jeans, with red trimmings, and black boots. Something about a man in boots that turned me on, and he knew it too.

I had been avoiding him since I left the hospital, because of the baby situation. Chris called everyday to check on me, even though I was still with Trey. Chris kissed the top of my forehead and helped me up the porch. Being that close to him put a spark in me that I wished went away the night of my accident.

"Nice to see you Chris." Daddy patted him on the back.

"Good to see you to sir." He said to daddy as he held on to my back so that I wouldn't fall.

I set down in the chair on the porch to catch my breath. The physical therapy sessions and my parents steps were taking a toll on me. Chris set down next to me. The sent of his cologne had me in a trance, thinking if all the wild sex we use to have.

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

I looked at him, then quickly looked away. That man did something to me. "I think it's inappropriate seeing that I'm with Trey and all."

"Mmm...you need to watch your back with that one." Chris said. "I missed you Zana, and I really am sorry about that night..."

"It's over with, don't worry about it." Honestly, I still thought about that night, and that heated argument that we had. I always asked myself did I make the right choice?

As we spoke, daddy disappeared in the house. I had actually forgot he was even standing close by. We both were awkwardly quiet. I didn't know what to say to him.

"Do you want to get out the house for awhile, maybe take a ride with me?"

I didn't know if I should be anywhere near this man, I was in a relationship with Trey, and he was so good to me. "I don't know Chris..."

"I don't want anything from you Zana, honest to God. I know your in a relationship with that Lil boy."

I smiled and pushed him playfully on his arm, "Trey is all man."

"Yeah whatever. So are you coming with me?"

"Sure." I rocked myself on to my foot, balancing on my crutches.

Chris drove around the city, with the music low, as I stared out the window at the scenery. I could admit getting out of the house felt good.

"I heard about the fight you had with Carson."

Chris looked irritated as I mentioned my brother. I knew it was killing him to see his own brother being with another man. "Let's not talk about that fool."