Ch 59

Kiara

Eric held my hand while we waited for the results of my testing. It had been a hard couple of months, and I was needing to hear some good news. Dr. Anderson entered her office, and I could feel my heart pumping inside of my chest. The anticipation was killing me, and Eric could feel my anxiety rising. He squeezed my hand to relax me reassuring me that everything was going to be alright.

I watched Dr. Anderson sit at her desk, and flip through some papers. For the last few months Dr. Anderson has stood by my side. She was a brilliant doctor, and I appreciated her so much.

"So how are you feeling Kiara?" She asked me.

"I feel alright, I'm just getting back from Jamaica." I said smiling over at Eric. Dr. Anderson smiled at the two of us.

"Let me see the ring?"

"You knew he was going to propose?" I asked her placing my hand on the desk so that she had a good view of the ring.

"It's beautiful. And yes, I gave Eric here clearance on taking you to Jamaica. Congratulations to the both of you." Dr. Anderson said.

"So will there be more good news?" I was anxious to know.

She smiled at me, "we got it all, and there's no need for surgery!"

I got up and ran around the desk to hug her. "Thank you Dr. Anderson, you have no idea what this means to me."

"I could only imagine. Now I need you to make sure that you take your medication for the seizures. Vimpat is an excellent drug, and in a few months I'll bring you back in for another PET scan." Dr. Anderson began to write something in her notepad. "I'll be calling you in a week or so just to see how you are feeling."

I hugged her tight. "Thanks again."

Eric stood up and hugged me, I was just glad that he was by my side. "Now let's go and get our little girl."

I set outside of my sister's house in the car, staring at the brick house. I had been upset with Tonya for not allowing my daughter to be with Zana or even Eric. I hadn't seen Ella in a while, and it was killing me. I knew she couldn't be around me because of the radiation, but now Dr. Anderson had given me the o.k to take her home.

I stepped out of the car, and could feel the cool air rush through my scalp. I placed my head wrap on my head and walked to the house. I knocked a few times, and patiently waited for Tonya to open the door. The door unlocked, and Tonya stood in the doorway with Ella on her hips. I could see the look of shock on her face.

"Kiara!"

I moved past Tonya, and grabbed Ella from her arms. "Why didn't you allow Eric to get Ella?"

Tonya shut the door behind me, and stood against her staircase. "He's not her father, and Ella should be with her family in a time like this."

"Eric is her father, and you had no right to keep Ella away from him. The fact that you had your parents in this house was another smack in my face." I explained to her. "Get my daughter's shit, and stay away from us!"

Tonya began to cry, holding her eyes with her hand. "Kiara, don't do this to me!"

"Do what to you? That man kidnapped my daughter, and Lord knows what he would have done to her! Maybe the same shit he had done to us!"

Tonya tried to touch me, but I stepped away from her. "He just wanted his family back. He was sick!"

"Yes that mother fucker was sick in the head! Get my baby's things so I can go."