ch 13

Kiara

I was enjoying every moment with Rick, but he had become controlling. He controlled what I wore, where I went, and who could come in and out of my house. By now, I was showing at four months pregnant.

I was sitting in the living room watching television until Rick walked in my front door. I could tell that he had been drinking, but I paid him no mind. This was our usual, he either was drunk or high, or we were always making love. His friend Eric walked into my house and set down on the sofa across from me.

"I thought I should bring your boy home. He has been drinking non-stop since earlier." Eric said shaking his head.

"Thank you." I cautiously said while looking over at Rick who was standing by the entrance. "Baby come sit down."

"Do I look like your baby! I can't believe I got this whore pregnant!" Rick screamed out. He looked at me with disgust before disappearing to the back room.

I sighed, I was tired of him calling me out of my name, but what was I going to do? He was the father of my unborn child.

Eric laughed and lit up a blunt. "Are you sure you can deal with that for eighteen years?"

I politely smiled, "he's just going through a lot, especially when Zana is no where to be found." I shrugged and grabbed the remote to change the channel.

"So you decide to play his girlfriend because Zana isn't around? You do know she is who he wants right, and not you?"

I knew Eric didn't like me, and right now my heart was breaking into two. Rick cared about me, and in due time he was going to love me and my child.

Rick returned to the livingroom, and Eric made his way to the door. "I'll holla at you two later on. Yo, Rick be good!"

Rick nodded, then locked the door after Eric left the house. I turned around to face him, and smiled up at him. "Baby what would you like for dinner?"

Rick was taking off his belt, staring at me with a look of hatred. I became nervous, this was beginning to become an every day thing with him. He wrapped the belt around his hand and began to whip me across my back. I fell to the floor hitting my leg on the coffee table. The slaps from the belt kept coming.

"Rick stop!" I cried

"I hate you!" Rick screamed at me running around the sofa to get to me.

I tried crawling away, but he placed the belt around my neck and pulled it tight causing my airway to constrict. I grabbed at the belt to loosen it but it was no use. Rick was a whole other person when he drank. Tears fell from my eyes as my face turned bright red. I couldn't breathe, he wouldn't allow it.

"I wish you wasn't pregnant! I wish I had never fucked you! I wish Zana was here instead of you!" He yelled pulling the belt tighter around my neck.

"Please." I was able to get out of my mouth before I had passed out.

Waking up, I felt so much pain on my body. I was laying in bed and didn't know who had put me in the bed, until I turned over and Rick was naked and asleep. I exhaled quietly because I thought that he had left me alone again. He was going to change, I thought to myself.

Rick rolled over and smiled at me. "Did you sleep alright?" He asked me then placed a kiss to my lips. My lips hurt as well.

I smiled and nodded, "I slept fine." Even though I was bruised, I wasn't about to show him how much he had hurt me. I didn't won't him to leave me because I was deeply in love with this man.

"Glad to hear that. I'm about to head out again."

I set up and covered my battered body, "where are you going?"