63

Kiara

Nipsy's was one of the places I met up with Maria or Zana weekly, just to catch up. Since being engaged, I had been really busy planning my wedding. I needed to talk to Zana and Maria, and decided to invite them to lunch. Maria was the first to arrive. Her blonde hair in a high bun on the top of her head with her Prada shades shielding her eyes. She walked over to me, and kissed my cheek, then set down across from me.

"So, how's the wedding planning going?" She asked me, placing her sunglasses into her purse.

"It's going great, actually, I needed to speak to you and Zana about that." I smiled over at her, "and I ordered our favorites already."

Maria rolled her eyes at the mention of Zana. I didn't understand why those two didn't get along. There was once a time when all three of us were inseparable. "She's meeting us here?"

I nodded, "please be nice Maria, she's my best friend."

Maria crossed her arms and set back in the chair. "Zana is nobody's friend. If I were you, I would play her close."

I didn't quite understand. Zana and I had been friend since we we're little girls, and she had protected me from my parents. That along made her my family. I didn't like what Maria was saying and she knew it too. Maria touched the back of my hand, and looked me in my eyes, "ice been your friend since high school, and I wouldn't tell you nothing bad if I didn't believe it myself."

The bell over the door rang, and we looked over seeing Zana walk in with a all black business suit on. She looked beautiful with her hair bone straight. She set next to me and hugged me. "Hey, so what's up?" Zana ignored Maria who was waiting for her to speak to her first.

"Well, I have a question for the two of you. I wanted to ask you Maria, would you be my maid of honor, and you Zana to be  my matron of honor?" I asked waiting for them to respond.

Zana looked over at Maria, and Maria was staring a hole into Zana. I wanted to defuse the situation. Now I knew why I never invited those to out anywhere together. Zana was the oil, and Maria was the water, they never mixed well together.

"Umm..." I said not knowing what to say.

Zana smiled at me, and hugged me from the side. "You know I'll be your matron of honor."

"I'm so glad to hear that! So, Maria?" I was a little fidgety. I needed these two to be on board together, I was tired of planning my own wedding, and I was exhausted. Eric persuaded me to have Maria and Zana do everything, and have me relax before I stressed myself out.

"I would love to, but I need Zana to be honest with you first." Maria said looking in her direction.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her. I looked over at Zana who shrugged her shoulders at me.

"She knows exactly what I'm talking about. Go ahead, Zana, tell Kiara what I'm talking about."

Zana looked really confused at first. Then the look on her face surprised me. Zana's eyes became glossy, as if she was on the verge of tears. "Maria, not today." She said looking away from us.

"Zana, what is she talking about?" I asked her. I became nervous. I didn't know what she was about to tell me, and I was afraid for the worst. "Please tell me." I begged.

Three years ago...

Zana

I was home alone again. Rick was out running the streets with whomever he had his sights on. I was fed up with him, staring out the window in my living room watching the rain pour. I had been drinking Ciroc, and smoking on a cigarette. My pink short night gown exposing my thighs, and my slow jams played from the speaker. I had made plans once again with Rick, only for him to text me that he was going to be late because of work. It was always work.