Ch 53

Zana

The rain was coming down, and it only reminded me of the night that I was almost killed. I was sitting on the window seal, watching it pour down, and reflecting on my life. I could have been Mrs. Tarzana Damewood, married to the finest brother I had ever seen. I could have been bent over every night trying to get pregnant by him. But no, I was once again single, and I couldn't blame no one but myself. Everyone had a past, and it seemed like my past had come back to haunt me.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. I grabbed my robe and put it on. I walked to the living room, and opened the door. Chris stood in the doorway looking like he had just stepped off a cover of a magazine.

"Hey," he spoke with his deep voice.

"Hi." I softly spoke, looking at him. I opened the door wide, so he could step inside. The smell of his cologne lingered in the air. "What are you doing here Chris?"

He rubbed the back of his head, trying to think of what to say. "I missed you."

"Okay?"

"I'm sorry for what my parents pulled a few weeks ago. You know how I feel about you, and I plan on marrying you." He explained to me.

I set down on the sofa. "We can't get married if your parents don't approve."

"Fuck them. It's not what they think of you, it's what I feel for you. I'm in love with your short ass. You make me complete girl, and I'm not giving that up for them or anyone else." Chris set next to me.

Being so close to him put goosebumps on my arms. I missed being this close to him. "I'm really not sure what I want Chris."

"What are you saying? You don't want to marry me?"

"I do." I sighed. "I just don't want anymore drama."

"If we get married, then it won't be. I will protect you, and you would always be my number one priority. Fuck my parents, fuck Jason, fuck anyone who thinks otherwise."

I smiled at him, "you mean it?"

"Hell yeah!"

I wrapped my arms around his neck, "let's get married now."

"Now?" He looked confused. "Girl it's night, and it's pouring down outside. All I want to do is make love to you until the sun comes up."

I laughed, "so tomorrow we get married?"

Chris got up from the sofa and swept me into his arms like I was already his bride. "Come on let's have some makeup sex."

The next morning, the breeze from the window woke me up. I set up and wrapped the sheet around my naked body. Chris was in my walk in closet, throwing clothes on the bed.

"Babe, what are you doing?" I asked him.

He walked out of the closet holding some of my clothes on his arm. "What do you think I'm doing Zana?" He smiled showing off those pearly whites.

"Looks to me like you're about to try on some of my clothes." I laughed.

"I'm packing some clothes, where do you keep your suitcases?"

Of course I was confused, "where are we going?"

"You said you wanted to get married today, right?"

I nodded.

"Well, I'm packing your things so that we can catch the next plane to Vegas." Chris said still looking around for my suitcase. I pointed under the bed, and he bent down to pick it up.

"Wait, so are you serious right now Chris?"

"I'm tired of waiting, lets go and make you my wife Zana." He bent down and kissed my cheek, "now go and get ready."

I hopped out of bed, and ran to the bathroom. In a couple hours I will officially be Mrs. Damewood.

****

Kiara

I had been feeling ill for a few days now. I couldn't stand it anymore. I had been vomiting for a few days, and could hardly get out of the bed. I made an appointment with my doctor, and got myself and Ella ready.

I didn't won't to take Ella, but I couldn't get in touch with Zana, and there was no way I was taking my child to Tonya's house. So I dropped her off at Ms. Cheryl's house, and made my way to the doctor office.

"Good morning, Kiara." Dr. Shannon said walking into the examination room.

"Morning."

Dr. Shannon set at a computer to read over my charts. A nurse had already asked me a million and one questions, she had taken my vitals. "So you've been feeling ill correct?"

I nodded at her. "I peed in a cup already for the nurse, and I know that I'm not pregnant. And if my man gave me an STD somebody is gonna be laying six feet deep." I rolled my eyes.

Dr. Shannon set next to me. "Well, Kiara, I would like to run some test if that's alright with you."

"Test for what Dr Shannon?"

"I just want to draw some blood just to make sure that everything is alright. No need to be alarmed Kiara. I'll call you in a few days with any abnormal results." Dr Shannon patted my knee. "Go down the hall to the right, and there will be a phlebotomist at the desk, let them know your name."

I stood up and grabbed my purse, "is there something I should know?"

Dr. Shannon shook her head no. "Like I said Kiara, don't be alarmed, the things that you are describing could be anything, and I want to make sure your alright."

I had been feeling tired, light headed, I felt emotional, and stressed all the time lately. And on top of that I was throwing up every hour. I knew I wasn't pregnant, Eric had been gone for weeks.

I nodded, and shook her hand.

"Don't worry Kiara, everything will be alright."

I made my way down the hall to find the phlebotomist. Dr Shannon knew I was scared about the results. I knew it was something she wasn't telling me.

Zana

"We're really about to do this?" I asked holding on his arm. We we're seated on the plane, and the closer we got to Las Vegas, the more anxious I got.

"Yeah, are you getting cold feet?"

"No, I know that I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you. I just wish my parents could see me though."

Chris squeezed my hand, and lay his head back on the headrest.

The plane landed, and my heart jumped with excitement. We got off, and there was a limo waiting for us out front. "Baby, you went all out." I said getting inside.

"For you of course."

Chris poured me a glass of champagne, while we headed to the MGM hotel. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. The limo stopped out front, and a bail hop helped with our bags and suitcase. Chris checked us in, while I looked around the casino.

Chris snuck up behind me and hugged me from behind. "You ready to head up?"

I nodded and turned to kiss his lips. We held hands walking toward the elevators. The room was beautiful, and overlooked the whole city. I was amazed, and had never been in a hotel suite like this. We had a living room, a kitchen and a a nice sized bedroom with a Jacuzzi. My man had went all out for us.

I walked to the bedroom where a wedding dress was laying across the bed. "Chris, oh my God!" I picked the dress up, and fell in love with it. I wondered how much it really cost.

Chris walked in the bedroom, and set on the bed watching me hold the dress up to my body. "You like it?"

"Baby, I love it." I said. I walked over to my husband to be, and kissed him.
"I'm ready."

"Good, because we are on our way to the wedding chapel in an hour."