Ch 26

Kiara

I woke up sweating and heart racing. Night fell, and I set on the side of my bed to catch my breath. My heart pounded against my chest, and I could feel my anxiety taking over. I looked over at the clock, and it was almost nine. I kept having dreams about my father hovering over me while I slept, which caused my night sweats lately.

I stood to my feet, and walked to the kitchen for water. I got to the living room, and Zana and another man was there talking with Eric. My eye brow rose as I didn't know why they were there.

"Eric?..." I said, startling everyone in the room.

Eric smiled over at me, and came to stand by my side. "I thought I'd let you sleep. Zana called you back earlier, and I told her to come right over."

I looked over at Zana who was standing by a dark skin brother. She wouldn't even look me in my eyes, and that sort of hurt me. I knew she was still upset about me and Rick. "Hey Zana," I said above a whisper.

Eric nudged me to go and talk to her. I stepped closer to her, and almost wanted to break down. Seeing her only made me weaker knowing that I had hurt her so much.

Zana's hand flew back, and she smacked me across my face. I held my face stunned that she would even do such a thing.

"That's for hurting me!" Zana yelled at me.

I didn't say anything, still holding the side of my face. I looked back at Eric who shrugged his shoulders at me. When I turned back to Zana, she had tears in her eyes.

"How could you hurt me Kiara?" She asked me.

The man that she was with rubbed her back to calm her down. "I'm sorry."

"I don't care about Rick, I cared about you! I trusted you, and you get pregnant with his child?" Zana asked me while tears flowed freely from her eyes.

"I was wrong. It was a mistake, and I wish I could change the past." I sighed.

Zana wiped her face with the back of her jacket sleeve. She stared at me for a few seconds before she hugged me tightly. Something I needed so much from her. "I love you Kiara."

My anxiety stopped as soon as she said those words. Knowing that she was safe put me at ease. Zana had always been there for me, even when we were kids, and I took her love for granted. She was the only real friend that I had, and of course I screwed her over by screwing her man.

"Alright, I'm glad you two are working this out," Eric spoke breaking our drawn out hug, "but we have bugger shit to deal with."

I set on the sofa, and looked at him, "what are we going to do?"

"You're not doing shit, but staying put in this apartment. Me and Chris are going to Zana's parents house tonight." Eric explained.

"Chris?" I asked looking over at Zana for confirmation. The same Chris who was trying to take her out a year ago.

Zana nodded and smiled, taking his hand into hers. "Yeah, the same Chris."

I smiled. She looked so happy with him. "Well Eric, could you call us if there is any updates?"

"Yeah, I just rather the two of you stay out of harm's way. Rick wants the two of you so bad." Eric said.

Chris leaned against the door. His eyes landed on Zana. "We'll talk when we get back alright beautiful?"

She nodded, and turned away. Something was wrong, I could feel it.

The two headed for the door, and Zana walked over and set across from me on the love seat. I didn't know what to say at that moment.