Chapter 12

Maddie's POV

I stood there in shock. Was he being serious?

"Are you really?" I said.

"Yeah, we used to hang out all the time until he moved to LA. Last summer my family moved here and I decided to surprise him. He didn't remember who I was and I was kinda hurt until I met you. Your smile lights up the dark and your eyes shine so bright. I really like you Maddie. Will you go out with me?"

I was a little hesitant at first because I was thinking about Cole. Oh well he can get over it.

"Yes!" I hugged him and when he broke the hug, he kissed me. We sat there watching the sunset until I had to go.

"Thanks for an amazing night Asher." I kissed him and went inside.

Cole's POV

I was worried. Maddie hadn't come back and she was late. She walked in the door.

"Where have you been?" I asked her.

"I was out" she said walking into the kitchen.

"Who were you with?" I said angrily.

"Cole chill bro." Dana said.

"I was with Asher. Is that a problem?" she asked me.

"Yes! You need to stop hanging around him!"

"Why Cole, why?! So you can control my life even more?! I'm your sister! You're supposed to let me make my own choices and let me learn from my mistakes!" she raised her voice.

"I'm doing this because I love you! Just stay away from him!" I yelled at her. She got tears in her eyes and ran to her room.

"Cole, don't you think you were a little hard on her?" Will asked me. I guess I was a little harsh.

"I'll go talk to her" Gabe said.

"No, I will." I said walking into her room.

Maddie's POV

I was lying on my bed when I heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I said slightly crying.

"It's me, Cole." I got up and opened the door.

"Haven't you done enough?" I asked him.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to go off like that. I just don't like to see you with guys. It reminds me that you're growing up and I don't want you to grow up. I hope you can forgive me." He started walking away.

"Wait! Cole, I forgive you. Just please don't yell at me again. I don't like it when you yell and I'm sure the boys don't either." He hugged me and I went to sit next to David.

"Guys I'm sorry you had to see that." Cole told them.

"Its cool bro" Dana said.

"Yeah we understand" David said then he pulled us all into a group hug.