Chapter 22

Renee's POV

"I have bad news about Gabriela" the nurse said. We nodded our heads and she continued.

"She broke her hand when she punched the wall so we're putting it in a cast. When she screamed however, she damaged her voice box. I'm afraid she won't be able to sing for a while."

We all stood there in shock. She walked back into Gabriela's room.

"What're we supposed to do?" I asked.

"The competition is in a week. Now we have to forfeit." Katie said.

"Wait you guys, Maddie can sing with you!" Will said. We stared at him and looked at Maddie.

"Maddie, will you do it? You're our only hope." Judiann said.

Maddie's POV

I stared at them in shock.

"I don't know if I can. I'm not that good.." I told them.

"Sure you are! You sing with Cole all the time and are amazing!" Will said.

"I guess I'll do it" I said. They all screamed 'yes' but I still don't know what to do. Poor Gabriela..

We waited for another hour and Gabriela and a nurse came out.

"The cast is on and we gave her some medicine. She needs to take these twice a day and she shouldn't be talking or singing much until two weeks from now." The nurse said handing Katie some pills. Judiann grabbed Gabriela and walked out the door. I texted Asher and told him what happened. We've been dating for a week now so I thought he should know.

Dana's POV

I needed to find Gabriela. I texted the guys and asked where she was but Cole, Gabe and David said they didn't know where she was and Will didn't answer.

I walked over to their cabin and knocked. Renee opened the door.

"Oh hey Dana, what's up?" she asked me.

"I need to talk to Gabriela. Is she here?"

"Hold on." she walked away and came back. "She's here, but we'll be talking for her.

She let me in and we sat on the couch. Gabriela walked in and I saw she had a cast on her hand.

"Gabriela? What happened?" I asked her. She whispered something to Kiara.

"She'll tell you when you apologize for what you did." Kiara said.

"Look Gabriela, Aaliyah kissed me. Not the other way around. I didn't want her to kiss me. I don't even want her. I want you." I said. She smiled and whispered something to Judiann. She nodded her head.

"She punched the wall because she thought you cheated on her. When she screamed in agony, she hurt her voice. She can't talk for two weeks." Gabriela looked at me with sad eyes. I went over and kissed her.

"I'd never do such a thing to you."