Chapter 55

Katie's POV

On the tv, we saw a picture of Asher.

"Authorities believe that this is the man that shot and killed Madame Sophia today at 9:26pm at her shop. The young woman, her alleged assistant gave our sketch artist this description." The description was the same as Asher.

"He was in jail!" Maddie said. I went over and hugged her.

"What if he escaped? He could come after any of us." Judiann said. She buried her face in David's chest.

"I'm gonna call the police and tell them who it is" Gabe said as he walked into the kitchen.

Gabe's POV

I called 911.

"911, what is your emergency?" The operator said.

"I think I know who killed Madame Sophia"

"State you first and last name please"

"Gabriel Morales"

"Okay Gabriel Morales, can you please come down to the station?"

"Sure" the operator hung up and I went back into the living room.

"I'm going to the police station. Maddie do you wanna come?" She nodded her head. I helped her up and we got in my car.

Maddie's POV

I can't believe this is happening. It wasn't a long drive to the station. We arrived and Gabe helped me out of the car. We walked in.

"Are you Gabriel Morales?" The lady at the desk said. Gabe nodded his head. "Down the hall to the left. The chief is waiting for you." We walked down the hall into the room.

"Hello Gabriel."

"Gabe"

"Gabe. Now, who is it in the drawing?"

"I'm pretty sure that the drawing is one of Asher Jones." The chief walked over to the computer and typed in his name. "Crap" the chief nodded under his breath. He ran out of the room. Gabe got up to look at the computer and his eyes got wide.

"What is it?!" I asked.

"Asher escaped from jail 2 days ago." I couldn't speak. I'm so afraid. This can't be happening.