Chapter 57

Maddie's POV

I woke up at around 3am from a loud noise. It was coming from outside. The only person close to me was Will.

"Will" I said shaking him. "Will!"

"Yeah?" He said sleepily.

"I heard a noise outside. Will you check it out?"

"Yeah sure" he said getting up. He went to the front door and opened it. I heard a gunshot go off. Everyone woke up then.

"Will!" I screamed. Asher was outside the door. He mouthed the words 'you're mine' and ran out. We heard police sirens and I looked over at Gabe. He called 911.

Renee's POV

I ran over to Will.

"Will are you okay?!" I said.

"I'm fine. Is everyone else okay?" He said. I started getting tears in my eyes.

"Everyone's fine Will. You're not" I said. He started tearing up.

"Renee, I'm fine. I promise." He said. The ambulance pulled up and the medics came and got Will. I ran over to Maddie crying.

"Renee he'll be okay" she said. All I could do was cry.

Devery's POV

I looked around the room. Everyone was crying, Renee the most. I felt really bad.

"Come on guys let's head to the hospital." I said. They agreed and we all got in cars and left. I had Maddie and Renee in mine, Cole, Kiara, Gabe and Katie were in one and David, Judiann, Dana and Gabriela were in another.

When we got to the hospital, we helped Maddie inside. She still has her crutches. We all went in and talked to the nurses.

"Will he be okay?" Cole asked.

"He's unconscious right now. We'll come out to get you when he's awake. For the moment though, is a parent or girlfriend here?" The nurse said.

"That's me" Renee said running to the nurse.

"Come with me" the nurse said, leading Renee away from the group. Meanwhile, an officer came to talk to us.

"So do you know the person who shot William?" He said.

"It was Asher Jones. Hes the one that shot him." I said. No one else could speak. They were all in tears.

"Do you know where he went? Where he couldve gone?" He asked.

"No, but he mouthed the words 'you're next' to me. I thought you had cops there! I thought they were supposed to protect us!" Maddie screamed at the officer.

"They are missing. We don't know what happened to them." We all looked at the officer in shock.