³

"babe, that bacon i smell better not be for me."

violet stands at the stove on the island in her kitchen, finn placed across from her at a bar stool as william comes descending down the stairs of their flat. 

"no, its for finn and i. i already made your protein shake, its in the fridge."

"you do know me so well, love." william kisses her lips gently.

finn stares to the counter, his heart in ache.

once william grabs his shake from the fridge, he turns to look at finn; shaking the bottle roughly as he nods over to him.
"you must be finn, yeah?"

his australian accent took him by surprise, he tries not to let the intimidation show.
"yeah. william, right?"

"its nice to meet you mate." william puts his hand out for finn to shake. his muscles showing within his firm grip.
"violet has told me much about you."

will knew somewhat what had gone on between finn and his girlfriend in the past. of course, violet had left out the violent details. they just seemed so unimportant now. regardless, will didnt feel threatened in the least. for he was successful, and thought violet was in love with him.

"finn and i are going to head out to my work. i thought maybe he could get in some shots with the photographer some time this week for a fold out in his new album."

"ah yes, ive heard your songs on the radio." will turns to finn, an arm around violets waist as she cooks.
"you've got some talent."

finn goes to thank him until a new sentence runs off his lips.
"although violet, being in front of the camera isn't an easy job. its not for everyone."

"well, finns been in front of cameras quite a bit. he's been on the covers of several magazines by now, im sure." she stands up for finn, throwing a gentle smile towards him.

"you cant go assuming things violet, we talked about that." william whispers over to her, causing a confused look to finns face.

"no shes not assuming. shes right."

the couple looks over at finn. a face full of relief to violets face as will stares to him blankly.

"my mistake then." he forces a smile to finn, kissing violets cheek before leaving towards the front door.
"i'm heading down to the gym. see you tonight? i was thinking movies?"

violets taken off guard, for will never offered to take her places with just the two of them. she looks shyly over to finn, back to her boyfriend.
"finns here?"

"oh, thats okay vi. i don't mind hanging out here while you guys go."

she hesitantly looks over to will, shrugging.
"maybe, we'll talk about it later."

silence falls over them as she waits for will to leave out the door. she puts together plates of breakfast for the two of them. sitting down next to finn.
"i dont want to go to the movies tonight."

he looks over to her surprised.
"but i thought you said he doesn't go out with you much?"

"he doesnt."

"then why dont you want to go?"

"because youre not there." she stares over to him.

"vi" he sighs,
"i just want you to be happy. don't ruin your night just because you're worried about me."

"youre only here for a week, finn." her eyes stare to her plate.
"i dont want to leave you." again.

"you might change your mind after an entire day with me today." he smiles to her, lightening the mood.