⁴¹

violet rushes into the trailer. she knew her models were coming, for she was only trying to prepare for them to make it quick.

she approaches the two dressing chairs placed in front of a large mirror within the trailer. sasha sits in one, legs crossed as her bare dark skin beads in sweat. her heavy braided hair is tossed up in a falling bun; flip flops to her swinging legs.

violet meets her eyes through the lit up mirror, rushing to get her station in placed.

"are they on their way?" sasha stands, preparing the other chair.

violet was beyond grateful that sasha had agreed to help her with the preparation. for there was no way she would get the both of them done in time on her own.

"they'll be in any second. surely maverick has stopped them to talk by now."

"well i'll take ayla. as much as i'd want to be so close to finns sweet face, i wouldn't know what the hell to do with that curly white boy hair he's got."

violet laughs at her remark, taking out her curling iron to plug in.
"thats fine, he's going to bitch about his face being touched; you dont want to deal with his whiny butt anyway."

sashas bright teeth are displayed as she laughs sweetly, but soon it falls to a questionable face.
"have you told him yet?"

"no."

"god-"

the two of them are silenced at the opening of the door. finn steps up the couple of steps, smiling to the two girls.
"hey sasha, how are you?"

"just trying to stay cool. not sure how youre not sweating by now." she grins to him.

"oh, just got here. thats all." he grins, approaching violet with a peck to her lips.
"hey love."

"hey. im going to take you here, okay?" she guides him to her chair.
"ayla, sasha's going to get you ready."

ayla takes a seat, starting up a conversation with sasha about the band and traveling.

violet steps in front of finn, getting out her skin toned makeup pallet and a sponge. she squats to meet him at eye level, gently pressing the thin cover under the light discoloration under his eyes.

he doesnt throw a fit like she had thought. instead, he smiles up to her.

"what?" she smiles back.

"you look so beautiful today, violet."

"you saw me this morning before i left." she keeps working, finding it hard to spot any imperfections to his skin.

"i know but, i didnt get the chance to tell you."

she stops, staring into his eyes with a such love. whispering a thank you.

she snaps out of the type of trance he had put her in, walking behind to start touching up the curls of his hair.

"sasha do you have photoshoots like this too?"

"oh no," she responds to finn as she finished flat ironing aylas already straight hair.
"ive already been through all of this, almost two years ago."

"shes more of my mentor." violet explains, burning herself on the hot metal. she pulls back, shaking the burn off from her hand.

"your designs are here?" he looks to his girlfriend through the mirror.

"yeah theyre hanging in the back." she nudges, pulling the curling iron away from him as he stands up to find what he was searching for.

she begins to put her stuff away, following him over to a different room in the trailer, separated by a curtain.

she finds him already skimming the rack of wrinkle-less clothes. a studied look across his face.

"what do you think?" she stands behind, arms crossed.

he turns around to glance to her, back to the clothes.
"they're even better than the sketches online."

"i never thanked you."

"for what?" he turns to her.

"i wouldn't be here if you had listened to me and not touched my sketches. so, thank you."

"it was a bad time for you." he shrugs,
"theres no need to thank me. you would have done great things no matter what."

she stares at him in a subtle smile. he hadn't ever not believed in her, right from the day that he took her in despite not knowing a thing about music. no matter what he had done to her in the past, he had never thought she couldn't do what she wished of doing. and for that, there was no thank you to explain what he had done for her.

"lets get you changed, yeah?"

finn admires quietly as she pulls his first outfit from the rack, handing it over to him with such a stressed face.

he takes it, holding her arm with his free hand.
"hey, its going to be great. you got it, so dont stress. alright?"

"thanks finn." she whispers, kissing his soft lips gently before leaving for the room to help on aylas makeup.

it doesn't take him long to change into the tall red pants, stepping out with his hands hanging to his sides.

violet puts a makeup brush down, approaching him to smooth out the patterned material laid to his shoulders.

"hopefully we can get this done quick so that you dont get too hot."

"what do you mean?" his eyebrows furrow, arms shrugging to his side.
"im already hot."

"amen!" sasha calls, letting ayla go to change as well.

violet rolls her eyes with a smile, pushing finn out the door as she follows behind, touching up his hair.

as she got him to the photographer, violet tells finn where to go. catching multiple shots of just him for now.

she was pleased without having even looked at the pictures. for she had seen finn in front a camera, and how photogenic his facial structure was.

she was just ultimately stressed, and sweating under the hot sun.

it took hours, but violet was pleased with the stations she had gotten done. more so of the setting desert sky towards the finishing time.

she holds onto the camera, flipping through what they had got through the small screen as the surrounding crew cleans up the light bumpers. ayla stands to talk to sasha, consumed in the clothes that violet had created. finn peers over her, chin to her shoulder and hands to her waist as he watches what she was flipping through.

"the clothes look good with the desert backdrop."

"thats the goal." she mumbles, turning around to him.

"im going to go change. im sure everyones going to be here soon for the party."

"finn, do we have to?"

"have to what? go to the party? everyones celebrating you." he takes her sweaty hands.

"i know but- i just, i have to talk to you about something and i'd rather not-"

"im sure whatever it is can wait another day. yeah?" he smiles to her sweetly, kissing her forehead.

"yeah." she sighs,
"okay."

1150 wc

-finn needs to cut his hair JFC