⁵⁰

violet was officially seven weeks into her pregnancy and her hormones were on a rampage.

she wasnt prepared for it and neither was finn. he was patient, but absolutely loosing it within himself.

after fighting violet on it, he agreed to let her spend her days at work where her mind was off her reality. at that point, it was whatever would keep her happy.

he was only to imagine how bad it would eventually get, for she seemed to either be all over him or angry at him for simple things. and it was only the start.

the night before, finn had finally fallen asleep after two runs to the store and a thirty minute back rub to get violet to finally, peacefully sleep. she was moody, and he wanted to do what he could to help. he was just stunningly unprepared for how hard the sudden emotions would hit her.

violet had agreed to finally take a day off and come to the studio with finn. she put up a fight, but she missed her friends and felt herself going mad not having a girl to talk to in weeks. she wanted to complain to someone who could understand what she was going through, and finn surely wasnt it, no matter how hard he tried to be.

so within the cool summer morning, finn manages to get his things and violet together in order for him to make it to work on time. he stops on the way to get her a coffee, for she got the maximum of three cups a week now that caffeine should be limited. she swore she probably could have finished the entire weeks worth right there in the car.

nothing was different with violet yet, she still loved and hated the same things, ate the same food and wore her same sized clothing. but coffee and hormones were the only thing to make themselves present recently; its all she could focus on.

she was so tired, all the time. exhausted.

and it made her a giant grump.

"whose that?" violet eyes a young girl that struts across the parking lot, into the studio.

finn glances up from gathering his things, continuing as he speaks.
"thats the new assistant, since you didnt want to work for us."

"what, so you hire some hot girl to replace me?"

"oh jesus violet, dont even start." he groans, getting out of the jeep.

she follows his actions and slams the door behind her.
"im not trying to start anything, i just want to know why you hired her instead of a guy."

he sighs in what he wants to say, and stops in the center of the parking lot. he had learned how to keep his cool by now, but right then he had to try so hard.
"listen, violet. i dont want to argue with you right now, okay? we can argue when we get home if you'd like."

his gentle hold on violets shoulder drops to his side and continues to walk up to the door, holding it open for her.
"i hate that you think i want to argue with you, you know."

finn catches her mutter and hurries up to walk next to her. he ignores her until they approach the echoey hallway just outside the studio doors, where violet stops in her place.

"what is it?" finn looks back to her, taking his hand off the handle of the studio door.

"i dont know if i want to go in there and watch you flirt with that girl."

"flirt with her?" his eyebrows furrow.

"i know how you are."

"violet, i love you; but youre acting crazy."

"i don't understand how its that crazy, you fell in love with me while i worked for you."

"yeah, i fell in love with you. i never fell out of love with you and i promise that i probably never will so; could you just relax?"

she pouts, crossing her arms in a look of hatred.

"dont be jealous, vi."

"im not jealous."

"what is it then?"

"i want you to find someone else as the assistant."

"jesus christ, i didnt even find her, jack did!" he yells at her. violets taken back, not having heard that tone out of him in years. finn tried to control himself, but just like every other person, he could only take so much of violets nitpicking.
"i get that youre pregnant but give me a break violet! every day for the past two weeks ive had to come here and stress out about getting new songs out by their deadlines, and then i have to come home to you arguing with me over everything! just calm down, because this constant back and forth isnt good for anyone."

she stares to him in shock as her head tilts down in shame. her eyes wander every but him after that, trying to take in what had just happened. she pushed him too far, she hated what was happening to her. she wanted it all to just stop.

"im sorry, vi." he sighs, settling down.
"i swore id never yell at you again i just, im so stressed out and, it'd really help if you could go back to being on my team for a while. i hate arguing with you, and its the only thing we do these days."

still, her eyes stare to the ground as her shoulders shrug.
"im sorry."

finn knew that she could use all the love she could get. in fact he was practically reminded every day by ayla to make sure violet was happy even if they were irritated at each other. it was what he had been doing, and he couldn't stand to think of sadness coursing her veins.

so he grows up, and wraps his arms around her; pulling violet in as his chin rests to her shoulder.
"dont worry about alice. shes not you."

"i know ive been a pain." she nudges him away from her.
"i hate it too."

he lets out a sympathetic smile, kissing her forehead gently.
"it only gets worse from here."

she groans as he laughs, taking her hand to pull her in behind him.
"alright lets go, im going to be late."

the two open the door to his three band members, standing around with their eyes set to the couple. finn scans their faces, ayla with a twisted smirk, jack and malcolm with wide eyes and confused expressions.

"what?" finn questions at the door, hoping that their argument hadnt been as loud as it felt to him.

jacks dropped jaw turns to a teasing smile as he glance between the two.
"violets pregnant?"

1120 wc