⁵³

it was fall, late october and violet had finally took maternity leave to officially take off work.

she sat in the kitchen, anxiously waiting with her fingers tapping as she waits for finn to get home.

it was early morning, cold luckily for violet. she was clearly showing through practically any piece of clothing, except for the sweater that hung loose stitched to her shoulders.

with that, she was able to cover it up at least a bit if she weren't to move a certain way. she hated getting into bed in a tank top to see it, or whenever finn decided to bring it up. she loved being pregnant, she loved the way it made her feel and the way that she could eat anything she wanted with an excuse.

but she had gained weight and she didn't like to be reminded of what was to come.

that day, however, was the day. violet chews anxiously at her nails, foot tapping loudly as she waits in silence. she wanted him home so bad so that they could leave. she hated the anticipation.

the minute the front door opens, she jumps up from the island chair; meeting him face to face in the center of the kitchen.

"hey baby." he sets his stuff down on the counter, rubbing her arms as she hugs around his waist.
"ready to go?"

"ready." she swallows down her nerves.

his hands travel down her body, bending down to meet her stomach at eye level.
"you better be a girl."

he leaves a gentle kiss through her shirt, standing back up to leave one on her lips as well.
"id also be okay with a boy, of course."

"good thing cause its gonna be a boy."

"oh, you think so huh?"

she puts her hands to her hips, nodding with a matter of fact.
"ive just got this feeling."

"well i have a feeling that its a girl."

"if you stop stalling we can go to find out." she pushes him at his chest, nudging him to the door.

he snags his keys from the counter as she manages to get them moving out of the apartment. between the both of them, their hearts radiate in anxious excitement.

their moods were heightened that day, finn with a permanent smile stamped to his face. he relaxes in the passenger side seat of the jeep as violet moves hers closer to the steering wheel.

he moves his rested head to look at her, squeezing his hand on her shoulder.
"i like this sweater on you."

"thanks" her eyes scan the road,
"i'm hoping i dont have to go shopping for new clothes, just get by with what i have since my winter clothes are big anyway."

finn gasps, finding her cold hand instead.
"can we go shopping after this?"

"shopping?"

"for baby clothes!" he shakes her hand in excitement.

she glances over to him in laughter.
"people are going to know what we're having if they see you out."

"we dont really need a gender reveal party, do we?"

"you dont want want one?"

he shrugs, staring ahead of him as she merges in with traffic.
"we can if thats what you want, but i think we shouldn't hide it. i know the band would want to know right away, my parents too."

"yeah okay." she shrugs,
"we'll go shopping afterwards then."

violet didnt love shopping with finn. they were stopped every second by fans that ask her to take a picture of them. she didnt mind at first, but eventually it gets overwhelming and old. however, they hardly ever went out so she pushes it to the back of her mind and finds a parking spot in the crowded hospitals entry lot.

finn holds onto her hand on the way in, waiting patently for their appointment in the maternity ward. violet was nervous, but perhaps she didnt have to swallow it down until her name was called. where she stands and follows the dark nurse down the hall.

she does the routine of pushing up her sweater, trying not to look at her stomach as the nurse sets up the machine and equipment. this time, however, the chocolate honey skinned coated in scrubs turned the screen towards herself.

"big day today!" she smiles.

violet nods with a returned gesture.

"are we announcing it today? or are we enveloping it up?"

"you can just tell us today." finn stands beside violets bed.
"we're a bit anxious to know."

"sure thing, mr. wolfhard. we'll just give the machine a second here to warm up and i'll be back so we can take a look."

the young couple watch as she leaves them behind in the room. finn lets out a heavy sigh, squeezing next to violet to sit with her on the bed.
"how are you feeling?"

"nervous." she admits, pulling her shirt back down temporarily.

"me too." he rests his head to her shoulder.
"youre going to be disappointed if its a girl, aren't you?"

she scoffs,
"what are you kidding? you've really been worried about that?"

"no, well, i dont know." he wraps his arms around her.

the room smelled of lysol and latex, hinting in the fresh mint from finns clothing. she felt so warm, so comfortable within such a chaotic time.
"i know that ive been talking about a boy, but having anything with you is what i want."

his dark eyes meet hers, drowning in the pale casting shadows that she left full of love. he admired everything about her, he knew their kid would be the same.

finn hops off the bed as the nurse comes back in and violet pulls back up her shirt. she greets them with a white smile and sets violet up for her ultrasound.
"are you guys ready?"

"ready." violet confirms, finding finns hand blindly as they wait in anticipation.

"everything looks good, heart beats good." the nurse smiles, staring at the screen.
"it looks like, you two are having a girl!"

finns eyes stare to the screen that was turned towards them. his face stood so expressionless, so set in stone. for everything had just become real to him, having a baby and living the rest of his life with violet, it had all became real.

violets sigh of happiness snaps him out of it; a smile pulling at his lips as he stares down to the love of his life.

"congrats you guys! i'll go file up the ultrasound pictures while you collect your things and i'll meet you in the lobby when you're ready."

once more, theyre left on their own again. the energy different in the room than the time prior. finn stares to her in happiness, bending down to hold her into a hug tightly; fingers tracing across her back in love.

"youre happy?" he asks.

"how couldnt i be?"
he feels her nod, the energy from her smile lighting up the room.
"hurry and get dressed then!" he pulls away, collecting her things for her.
"we have a daughter to shop for!"

1180 wc

~watched all of season 3 in a day and a half haha i sob