²³

"thank you so much berlin."

the backtracking from their closing song slowly dies in melody to follow after aylas voice.

"have a good night everbody. and have a safe way home, we love you."

violet sits in awaits just backstage, watching through the curtain. she would have enjoyed the view better from the ground; she was only upset that it wasn't an option for her anymore.

regardless, she waits for them to head off stage towards her. a smile stapled to her face as a
memento of the proud moment. she loved watching them perform, a kind of energy prevailed that she didn't know they had. 

"how was it?" she asks finn as he approaches her. he takes her hands in his. although his laced with sweat as well as the rest of his body from jumping around. violet didnt seem to mind.

"you tell me."

"you guys always sound great." she smiles to the others surrounding behind finn. they smile back to her.

"that crowd was so insane! did you hear them singing? i could hear them over my drums to a song thats only been out for a week!" malcolm gushes, he loved his job. he was sad he was constantly pushed away from it by his fiancee. it was one of the reasons why violet hadn't met her yet.

"yeah! i thought i was going to mess up my solo with all the shouting." ayla chuckles, sparking up a conversation within the group.

violet tries to take that opportunity to pull finn away, unnoticed by the others.

"whats up?" he hushes quietly to her, still a smile on his face from his performance.

"i got a call during your guys' show, from maverick."

"about the designing thing!"

"yeah" she smiles,
"he told me to have my stuff submitted by early next week and he'll still consider."

"violet!" he exclaims, sweeping her up with his arms around her waist.
"thats so great! you still have a shot, im so happy for you!"

"thanks." she chuckles as he sets her down,
"i know we've got our flight out early tomorrow but, i think im going to work on my things when we get back. i- i can work on it in the lobby if im going to keep you up."

"no, no not at all. do whatever you need love."

she smiles to him, holding onto his fingers as they decide to approach back up with the others.

their after show routine was a completely different animal than what it used to be. there was no cleaning up for them, no van to put things away in and no plastic bottles of water that crinkled at the touch.

instead theyre given glass bottles, treated as the crews best; to include violet. it left her baffled.

soon, they head back out to the hotel. the night was dark, late. they all wished they had more time in berlin, but violet had work and the others had songs to produce.

as they individually branch off to their hotel rooms, violet follows after finn to the cold conditions of their shared room.

almost immediately, finn heads to the shower; leaving violet to change into her clean pajamas, getting comfortable in the white sheets of the bed. the lamp besides her illuminates the room, her laptop sat on top of her legs.

violet practically gets to working on her designs immediately. she had barely started on it back home, but had so many ideas after spending years in the industry. she knew what they were looking for, what people would buy.