¹⁰

violets awoken, however not by words. but a feeling; a jolt of electricity spreading through her veins.

her eyes flutter open to finns warm hand resting to her face, his thumb drawing back and forth to her cheek. he smiles to her sleepy face, causing her to not help but give off a smile of her own.

"hey," he speaks softly.
"we're home."

violets heart flutters, rubbing her eyes as she sits up; taking a look around. her glance trails around a rather quiet parking lot, for you would think it was a joke that the city streets sat just to the other side of the building.

her eyes trail up the tall, beige complex. unbuckling her seatbelt, she looks back to finn.
"this is the famous finn wolfhards apartment, huh?"

"oh, no. i break into this building every weekend; the owners totally cool with it though." he hops out, running around the jeep to open violets door.

she thanks him with a smile, slinging her bag over her shoulder and stepping out into the late night air.

the night still stood dark, for it neared almost four in the morning. the air quiet with a backing commotion from the city streets.

finn leads her inside, keys spinning around his finger as he shows violet to the elevator. she tries to rub the sleep from her eyes. and despite now feeling awake; the mirror within the elevator showcased the dark circles beneath her eye lids.

she follows him down the ill lit hallway until, he stops to his door. violet glances around the surroundings as he works on unlocking it. almost surprised at how average the building was. it was nice, clean. but dark and seemed too, normal for finns income.

shes presented with a clean apartment. it sat dark in color, the living room containing simply nothing but a couch, several guitars, and more blankets than you could ask for.

the smell of his apartment practically knocked all her emotions out. threatening for tears to come within her tired state. although they never do actually present down her face, she felt like crying.

for the smell of him tangled in cinnamon candles and blown out matches put out around the apartment; taking her back to living in his parents house, and the way it always smelled.

"its pretty boring, i know." he speaks, approaching behind her as she stands to his living room, looking around in the dark.
"but i work every day and, its always just me so. i dont need much."

"no." she looks to him,
"its, comfortable."

"yeah i guess." he shrugs, taking the bag off violets shoulder and onto his own.
"come on, i'll show you to the bedroom."

he guides her down the short hallway, indicating to his left through an open door.
"this is the bathroom."

he turns around,
"and this would be the bedroom." he pushes open a closed door, revealing a rather decent size room for the apartment. then again, it could have been due to the lack of things on the wall, or the lack of furniture. for only his bed, a desk, a tv hanging above a few more guitars, and a newly placed air mattress took up the surroundings.

"i figured you'd probably want to take the bed over the air mattress so, theres clean sheets on the bed for you."

"god, clean sheets?" she jokes, watching as he sets her bag next to the bed.

"yeah well, you know i figured since i cant impress the ladies with my book collection, i might as well always have clean sheets for them."

"right well, makes sense." she sighs back into his bed, staring to the ceiling as finn sets up the empty air mattress for himself.