⁴³

violet awoke the next morning to a different kind of feeling.

a feeling of peace and security now that the secret was off her shoulders after a week of keeping it to herself.

now however, she was hit with a different type of situation. confusion and unsteadiness. for it almost didn't become real until she told finn; and now the consequences were hitting her rather hard.

"finn?"

"hmm?" he buries his head in a pillow at the morning light, finding violets body blindly with his hand to wrap his arm around her waist.

"what the fuck are we going to do?"

he groans, sitting up to look at her in a squint. he shifts his head to her shoulder, blinking himself awake.
"raise a baby."

"what are we going to tell your parents? the band?"

"violet, im twenty two years old. we're not some teenagers having a kid, im not going to be grounded or disowned." he practically chuckles, holding onto her tighter as he sinks back into sleep.

finn was truthfully keeping himself together for her, but he was scared. not scared of loosing the band, or his public life; he would give up just about anything for his new family. but scared of not being a kind dad, a kind husband.

violet was scared too, she wasn't mother material. and she feared that if they went through with the pregnancy, the baby wouldn't have parents that were ready.

but she refused to let someone else be raised the way she was.

"i'm going to have to come out here more often these next few months, huh?"

her fingers run through his hair,
"well, maybe its time i come home..."

his head shoots up to look at her.
"you're coming home?"

she hesitantly nods to his smiling face. he wraps his arms around her shoulders, playfully rolling her over to lay on top of him. violet laughs gently, falling into his tight hold around her.
"the apartments been so empty without you."

finally, shes able to sit up. her hands falling to his chest as she looks down to him.
"but, that means that i've got to go back out there today to make sure all the equipment makes it back to the office."

finn frowns, resting his hands to her hips.
"fine. but don't stay in the heat for too long okay? i got a baby cookin' in there."

her eyes roll, kissing his lips gently.
"don't let it slip out to ayla or nick while im gone, got it?"

violet hops off of the bed, pulling different clothes onto her body, slipping on her sandals to get ready to leave.

"how am i supposed to not tell everyone that im going to be a dad?" he props himself up from the bed by his elbow, a proud smile to his face.

"pipe the fuck down." she chuckles, watching as he flips her off.

finn waits until violet shuts the door behind her to drop his smile. he falls back into the bed, sighing something heavy as he hands meet to rub his eyes.

he was stressed, and he was trying not to let it show to violet. he knew that learning she was developing another person in the pit of her stomach surely was something terrifying for her. and watched as she broke down the night before in fear of losing him.

he simply couldn't show that he felt his life starting to crumble away. despite what he told her,
he was afraid for the band.

he was afraid to tell his parents.

he was afraid of the backlash she'd get from his psychotic fans that were just waiting for something like this to happen to pounce.

he was afraid of the way the media would ruin his child.

he was so afraid.

finn eventually pulls himself together, taking himself out to the kitchen; where he enters in only plaid pajama pants. he rubs his dry eyes, practically smearing the stress across his face.

ayla and nick stand together at the counter. drinking coffee as they still obviously radiated in a hangover headache.

"morning." his deep voice seems to ricochet of the kitchen, drawing everyones attention.

"morning." ayla watches him suspiciously, it didnt take more than a word; but she knew him too well.

nick doesnt seem to notice.
"theres coffee in the pot."

"thanks man." finn finds a mug, pouring it half way and leaned against the counter to join their previous conversation. whatever it was, he didn't care; anything to take his mind off of the fear.

"hey finn, are you alright?" ayla stares to him.
"violet was acting strange before she left too. did something happen with you guys?"

he shakes it off quickly,
"no just, had too much to drink last night. still feeling a bit off."

it was a lie, finn barely drank at all. limited due to his medication.

ayla knew that.

"when are you two heading back home?" nick stares between them.

"tomorr-"

"monday." finn cuts her off, staring down to his coffee in hopes that no questions would arise. what he would do to be able to backpedal from this moment.

"you told me sunday?" aylas eyebrows furrow, glancing up to finn.

"violet wants to fly back with us." he mumbles.

"violet? what do you mean?"

"yeah, what about her job? why is she going back so soon?" nick looks to his brother, equally confused.

"just, for fun." shyly he refuses to make eye contact, kicking himself for such a stupid response. he had to get out of the situation, as his anxiety was beginning to tingle his fingertips.
"well, gotta go."

"go where?" ayla pries, practically stopping finn in his tracks. still, he pushes on down the hallway. for the minute he'd stop, the minute the truth would fall out.

"uh, jack wanted to facetime." he calls back, pushing himself into the room and back behind the door.

ayla and nick stare to each other, confused and suspicious.

"did you find that weird too?"

ayla nods, setting her mug down to the kitchen counter.
"somethings going on."

1020 wc

- okay so BOOK THREE of this series detailed on parenthood- OR end the series w this book on a brief rundown of parenthood and start a NEW really cool finn fanfiction taken place in the '80S about ghosts?