³³

it was only six months.

six months was nothing compared to what he had waited for her in the past.

so why was that morning so hard for him?

he watches gently at violet from the kitchen. her tense body standing stiff in the center of their living room; staring at the painting hung centered to the wall.

he rests against the marble counter tops, keys swinging around his finger.
"vi we should go, you're going to be late for your flight."

harshly, she tears her eyes away from the wall, to him.
"yeah, you're right."

slowly, she pulls her luggage behind her; finn taking her backpack from her to help make their way down to the car. the brisk air hits finns face unwelcomely; the rain falls to his freckles, tangling in his hair. but he swore he wouldn't mind standing in that rain if she could just stay with him. for he just wasn't quite ready to let go yet.

"and youre sure you got everything? your pillow?"

"im sure nick owns a pillow i can use."

"what about your coat? i didn't see you pack that earlier."

"im going to california, finn. i dont need a coat." she laughs gently over to him. violet couldn't wait to get there and start of new chapter of her life.
"youre sure youre okay with all of this."

he sighs, pulling out of the safe haven of a parking lot. the drive to the airport wasn't far from their home. and within the entirety of their drive, nothing was said. in fact, the only thing on finns mind was the size of violets suitcase. and what that might mean.

for a while, the two sit within the traffic, meters away from the drop off near the airport doors. led zeppelin presents melancholy between the two unintentionally. finn knew he should be getting out any last minute conversations he could think of, but nothing comes out. only the feeling of a dreadful lump in his throat that was starting to develop.

after eternity, the jeep pulls its spot under the awning near the doors to the airport. violets hands shake at the memory of the last time she was there, and in some way finn had hoped that she wouldn't be able to make it through. for his hands shook too, but for a complete different reason; afraid of being alone again.

"are you sure you're going to be okay to be going in there?"

"no" her door opens to the sound of the pouring rain, and commotion surrounding in cars around them.
"but im going to have to be."

he follows her out, taking his time despite knowing the surroundings flight attenders wouldn't appreciate it. he pulls her heavy suitcase out of the back door, bringing it around to the curb for her.

violet stands, arms crossed as she stares to him. he smiles a weak smile to her, unsure of what to say, how to say it.

"thanks for driving me here."

his eyes refuse to tear from hers, the rain suddenly becoming so unbelievably loud in his mind; it was all he could hear.
"dont forget about me in california, okay?"

"forget? about you?" she grins gently, turning herself around as he helps put her backpack to her shoulders.

"six months is enough time to fall in love."

"are you planning on falling in love with someone else?" violet frowns, holding onto his cold hands. his nose starts to turn red in the cold, damp weather.

finns eyebrows screw together, looking at her seriously although her tone came off in a tease.
"i could never love somebody else like this."

she wraps her arms around his tall shoulders, pulling him close in her hold. although his warm, minty scent contaminated the majority of her things permanently, she needed to hold onto it one last time.

finns arms wrap around her so strictly; fingers gripping to her green corduroy jacket. his head buries to her neck. the amount of unwillingness to let go was an indescribable volt through his body.  

"i will be busy." she speaks into his shoulder.
"but dont forget to call me. i cant go six months without hearing from you."

"i'll call you every night, love. i promise." he pulls away, resting his hands to her cold cheeks.
"im going to miss you so much."

"six months will go by fast. i'll be home in no time." in a way, she wasn't wrong. while she didn't know where home would be by then. and that in six months down the road, california could be home.

he inspects her eyes, eventually pulling her lips to his forcefully. she takes it in, breathing what she would be missing for the next half of the year.
"i love you so much, violet."

"i love you." she pulls herself away from him. taking her suitcase from his hand, implying that it was time for her to leave.

"call me when you land so that i know you're safe."

she nods, giving off a gentle smile before turning away with her things. heading to the airport doors without a second glance back. for if she would glance back again, she would never get on that plane.

"god, please keep her safe." he sighs to himself. watching until she disappears from his view. gloomily, he sulks back to his jeep. hand resting to the back of his head rest for a while, taking in the air that still lingered with the scent of her. the feeling of her.

that airport was more than just a boundary for emotions, but memories as well. violet thought she'd handle it fine. she thought that maybe if she just didn't think about it, it wouldnt cross her mind.

her plan was effective until she made her way through airport security, and once recollecting her things, there was nothing separating her from her worst memory.

she stands to the escalators on their way down, looking up from her fingers that traced in nervous sweat, to the gate a while away in front of her.

she was headed in the opposite direction thankfully, but the reality of tearing her eyes away from the metal doors was an impossible story.

chills are sent down her warm body, nerves tingling her skin. she wished that finn hadn't left her. how could he do that? leave her there despite knowing there wasn't a way to make it through.

it wasn't his fault, violet knew that. however blaming it on herself somehow felt worse.

for hours, finn didn't hear from violet. he knew to give her some time to settle down, but his mind just couldn't escape her. the look to her face coming out of the airport that day, the way she gripped onto him and still managed to calm him down before herself.

and he missed her disastrously.

so there he sat on that rainy friday night. alone in silence in the center of his couch. elbows rested to his knees as he stares ahead at the painting presented in front of him.

and suddenly, within his own silence;

the painting was no longer just lines.

1200 wc

-hey, message me if u wanna be friends im cool sometimes bye