⁴⁸

"wait no! dont!"

finns finger hovers over his brothers contact name as he glances up at violet. he lays on his stomach across their bed as she sits up next to him, fingers covering her mouth in worry.

"why?"

"its late hes probably sleeping."

"its only ten?" his eyebrows furrow to her.

"then, he could still be working."

a slow smile creeps across finns lips as he adjusts to sit up next to her.
"you are so chickening out right now!"

"i am not!" she protests,
"im just trying to be considerate."

"considerate my ass, youre scared to tell nick?"

"why are you not?" she exclaims.

"cause he's probably going to give us a thumbs up and then end the call!"

she groans, resting her head to his shoulder.
"fine, do it."

violet watches as they wait for the facetime call to connect, her stomach feels heavy in nerves; her hands tingle as she decides to let finn do the talking. she couldnt explain why nick made it so nerve racking for her, although perhaps he had been like a brother; and she didnt want to loose that through judgement.

he had to stick with finn no matter what, violet was not in that same boat.

"hey guys, whats up?"

she stares to nick through the screen as he situates himself on his couch, maxine cooking in the kitchen behind him.

"hey are you busy?"

"no dude, why? whats goin' on?"

"we've got something to tell you."

"sure."

"its really important-"

"okay finn jesus, just get on with it."
nick laughs as maxine approaches behind his shoulder, interested in their conversation.

finn nudges violet with his shoulder subtly. although she only shakes her head and stares to the screen. she refused to not sit mute.

"violets pregnant."

she practically chokes on how abrupt her boyfriend had put it, although she pays no mind as nick shouts through the phone.

"what!"

"five weeks." finn smiles to his brother and his fiancée, who seemed overjoyed with the news.
"we had an appointment today, everythings good so far."

"wow, congrats dude. you guys are gonna be nuts for parents though."

"honey!" maxine nudges nick, smiling to the phone.
"im sure you guys will be great, congratulations."

violet smiles a thank you, as nicks good mood still radiates through the phone.
"when did you guys find out?"

"violets after party, down there by you guys."

"here? oh god please dont tell me you made that baby in my house."

finn shrugs, laughing at his brothers disgusted face.
"thats so disgusting i cant believe you!"

violet laughs, holding onto finns free hand as she still wouldn't have her nerves settled until the call was officially over.

"anyway, have you told mom and dad."