²⁹

it took another week, but violet was finally coming around.

she still hadn't been to work, it had been over a month and she was sure that she would be fired when she came back.

finn hadn't told her that he submitted her things behind her back. and in order for her to not know, he wasn't able to let her know that her position was covered for as long as she needed it.

he hated to stress her out like that, he hated standing by and watching. but it was to help maintain their healthy relationship. arguing with her was his biggest fear since getting back together.

that next friday morning rolled around. for the past days violet had slept in while finn got up to head to work. she would shower once awake, doing her chores. when she finished what needed to be done, she'd relax; but in the living room in replace of the bedroom she had spent weeks in.

silently, she would sit on the couch. teaching herself new things to her unplugged guitar, staring at the painting hanging to the wall for what felt like hours.

so, much like normal, finn got up that friday morning early for work. outside the window, the air was dark and cold. snowflakes feathering to the ground in a dance, the bustling city below disturbing their peaceful landing.

he shuts his alarm off, sitting up on his side of the bed. his hands rubs the sleep away from his eyes, staring at the many emails across his phone screen.

behind him, finn feels violets body stir around. and softly, the touch of her arm wrapping around his chest; her body sitting up to rest to his back.

"you're up early." his morning voice rings through the quiet of the room.
"i'm sorry i woke you."

"you didn't." she hushes, gently placing a kiss to his shoulder blade.

"what are your plans for today?"

"i think i want to get out of the apartment for a while. maybe visit the river."

"you're feeling better?" finn smiles gently to himself.

"i guess i am, yeah."

"well, you don't want to go to the river." he stares to his phone, scrolling through messages as he talks to her in the dark room.
"looks more like a sewer stream from the pollution."

"i just need to get out of the house, its been so long."

"you can come to work with me today if you'd like? the others miss you a lot."

"i don't want to be in the way."

"you wont." he holds onto her hand that rests to his chest.
"its a laid back day anyway, we're in the process of coming up with a new set for our shows."

she hums to herself, kissing his cheek gently.
"i'll go take a shower then."

"not a chance, i was on my way!"

he stands, pushing her back as she tried to scramble over him off the bed. the two laugh as they wrestle around to get there first. violet hitting her hand against the wall in the dark as she tries to find the door knob to their bedroom.

eventually, finn makes it there first. shoving the bathroom door shut in violets face in childish laughter.

"thats not fair!" she groans against the door,
"my showers take so much longer than yours!"

"exactly." he calls to her,
"i'll be out in like ten minutes, go back to sleep."

"open the door!"