³⁰

"how do i look?"

"like you're trying to sell me a car."

"finn, i have to dress conservative!" violet groans, staring in the floor length mirror cornered in their bedroom.

tomorrow was the day, violets collection was to be showcased at a convention. much like the one she had attended in seattle long ago.

except for this time, the night was about violet. one of only two in the entire company that had been picked.

finn was so, unbelievably proud.

"i mean the skirts a little long, dont you think?" he approaches behind her, pulling the black skirt attached to her body; up passed mid thigh.

she nudges him with her elbow, pulling the skirt back down to her knees.
"no, its professional."

"professional." he mocks, laughing gently in her ear as he wraps his arms around her from behind. rocking them lightly in their hug.

violet watches them through the mirror, a subtle smile to her lips.
"you really don't think it looks good?"

he scoffs, staring back at her reflection.
"you're beautiful in anything, violet cage."

her eyes roll, pulling away from him as she begins to unbutton her white long sleeve.
"not helpful."

"cant win." he sighs back into his bed; staring to the ceiling.
"are you ready for bed yet? its late."

"i should go over my speech again-"

"violet you've done that a million times already."

"you're right." she sighs, laying on top of the covers next to him. body in her underwear, cold with goosebumps.
"its just so important. i need companies to like my portfolio, that way they come to the show down the road."

"you're going to do amazing." he looks over to her. brown eyes heavy.
"just relax."

she turns to him, her soft hand resting to his warm cheek; thumb brushing passed his freckles.
"and the bands going to be there?"

"yes. and, a surprise, maybe."

"what is it?"

"if i told you, it wouldn't be a surprise."
he takes her hand that lay on him; placing a gentle kiss to it.
"im going to bed."

she watches him as he gets up, getting between the sheets and turning his back to her.

"don't you think you've done enough for me lately?" she gets up herself, turning off the light in attempts to find her way to the bed in the dark.

"i'm supposed to stop?"

she chuckles, resting her arm around him. her head rests to his back, listening to the gentle rhythm of his heartbeat.
"i love you."

~*~

"miss cage! is this table set up okay or would you like it like the others?"

"thanks okay, melody. thanks"

"violet, the lightings kind of dull here. should i move it over here?"

she directs people around, she missed work. but this was more hectic than normal.

she was only happy that she wasn't the one physically rushing around to get things perfect in time for the investors to come in from around the world. people were working for her tonight.