⁵⁵

the next series of months passed by like clockwork for violet. she'd get up, clean the apartment, and wait around for finn to get home; just to fall asleep and do it all over again.

she craved to get out of the house, she felt like a prisoner. and without reason really. she had a car, she had places she could go. but leaving without the comfortable safety of finn felt odd to her, pushing her to stay home.

so finally she forces herself to ask if she could come to work with him that thursday morning. she hated to ask, which was why she was putting it off, because she felt that he would say yes whether he wanted her to come or not. she knew she would be a distraction for the band, for it had been months since they had seen her.

and as expected, she approaches the studio with shouts of her name. her heavy body radiates in happiness until jack escapes an unintentional insult.

"jesus violet, youre huge!"

"jack!" malcolm scold, smacking the back of his friends head.

"what he meant to say was, whens your due date?" ayla approaches to hug her around the obstacle of her stomach.

"february sixteenth." her body flinches at the touch of finns hands to her waist as he passes behind her to get his stuff together.

"my god thats soon!"

"three and a half weeks." finn joins in with a guitar slung to his back.
"which is why ive been such a nag about getting the set done in time."

"you'll be out for a few weeks after that, yeah?"

"a few?" he laughs,
"i canceled our next four months of touring."

"well since we wont see you guys for a bit, could you please tell us the name."

"ayla for the last time no!" finn groans,
"we havent even told my parents."

"you guys wont be at the hospital?" violets eyebrows furrow, looking amongst them.

"we figured we would leave you guys to your new family-"

"i want you guys there. please."

they smile, taking her urgency as a sign that they meant a lot to her. they were everything for her, always had been there when she didnt know where to turn. they started the most amazing chapter of her life; and she wanted them to be there to start another.

"february sixteenth, wouldnt miss it vi." jack smiles, giving her shoulder a squeeze.

"how about we get started then, yeah? we've got to rehearse before we record tomorrow." finn pushes them towards the common area, them eventually taking a seat within the dim room of red lights.

"since you wont tell us the name." ayla continues with the topic regardless of knowing there was work to do.
"can you at least tell us the middle name so that we have something."

"she doesnt have one." finn stares down to his guitar, tuning the strings up to fit perfect melody.

"huh?" malcolm stops tapping the ground with his drum sticks, turning his attention to them.

"neither vi or i have one." he shrugs, glancing over to his girlfriend who sat uncomfortable to the couch.
"we decided that she didnt need one either."

"thats such crap!" ayla protests,
"dont be lame parents."

"that doesnt make us lame."

"let me give her one!" jack stands,
"cool uncle gets to do something."

"no!" violet practically jumps from her seat.
"no."

"c'mon vi! you can tell me her name and i'll take the whole time thinking about it, i swear."

her arms cross,
"sorry jack."

he pouts, wrapping his arms around her and shaking her frail body about.
"i wont stop until you tell me yes."

"jack!" she punches him away.
"im sorry but i dont want my kids name to have bingo in it."

"jack, sit. we have to get shit done today." finn demands.

"not until we hear the name of the baby!" ayla stands too.

"we arent saying until shes boring. you guys can wait three more weeks." violets eyes roll.

"we cant! i have to start thinking of names now!"

"jack, name your own kid." malcolm stands to join them.

"i dont have a kid!"

"then make one. and then name it."

finn watches the four of them argue by the seat of the couch. he had became so annoyed, he just wanted to get stuff done.

he didnt want to be stressed when his daughter came, and he knew he had to get it recorded right in order to not feel that extreme.

"could you all just shut up? please?"

the members all turn their heads towards him in shock at his strict tone of voice.
"violet, how about you go out and talk with alice, yeah?"

her facial expression sinks to a disappointed frown. but she nods anyway, for she didnt want to upset him and push him behind on his work. she sort of expected it.
"yeah. sure finn."

they all watch her sulk out of the room, waiting until the heavy weighted doors close behind her.

"what the hell, finn?" aylas eyebrows scrunch in anger.

"you didnt have to kick her out." malcolms arms cross.

"listen, ive said it and i'll say it again. i am not coming in after my daughters born. we need to get this done, if she comes early we're fucked. we all know that violets a distraction lately, it was a mistake to even agree to her coming."

"you didnt have to be so rude to her." jack shrugs,
"shes all emotional and stuff, shes probably crying now."

"believe me, shes past the crying thing." he chuckles.

and finn was right. for violet went out a bit upset; but quickly found herself busy within the empty desk of her acquaintance, alice.

"miss cage! what can i help you with?"

"nothing." she sighs, approaching the wide eyed girl. she was beautiful. eyes so brown, they were almost colorless. hair so blonde, it could compete with the sun.
"just, wanted to see how you were doing."

alices eyes widen, surprised until a teasing grin presses her full lips.
"did finn kick you out?"

"yes." violet groans.

"hes been real uptight lately, more than usual. he kicked me out earlier this week when i went to drop off the groceries he asked for."

"its the baby." their eyes both dart to her stomach as she tries to cover it up with her hands.
"hes worried about finishing their song in time for her arrival. i knew before i came, i just couldn't sit around at home on my own anymore."

"did you try calling one of your friends."

"the only friends i have are sitting in that studio." violet chuckles,
"ive left everyone back in california, and new york."

"im out of here at three."

violet smiles, glancing down to the time on her watch.
"i could use a night with someone who isnt crazy."

"we'll get out of here then."

it was unexpected, and sudden. but violet felt a rush of warmth through her body. for she hadnt ever had many friends of her own in vancouver. she hoped with everything that it would be the odd beginning to a life long friend.

1205 wc

-sorry for the slow updates, i have band camp for the next few weeks so i will be updating regularly soon!