³⁵

"finn! its been a while since the last time ive seen you."

"yeah, it has doc."

finn wolfhard sat in the center of a blue satin couch, leg bouncing off the wooden floors of the quiet room.

the clock ticking to the wall stood the only sound boundary between him and the doctor.

the doctor that treated him through the rough years; his therapist.

"i see your scars have faded mr. wolfhard."

he stares down at his bare skin in a tshirt, his fingers playing with the seam of his black jeans.
"yeah, well, things have been going well."

"then what brought you back here?" the lady sits across from him, legs crossed as her brown eyes tried to read his.

"doctor kent, can i ask you something?" he leans forward, elbows rested to his knees.

"thats what im here for."

"how do you know that someones giving up on you?"

"distance, disinterest- its violet again, isn't it?" she recalls the source of his rocky emotions almost over a year back.

he sighs back into the couch.
"she left for california almost two weeks ago and ive heard from her maybe twice. i guess i just expected more, we left on good terms."

"and you think shes forgotten about you in two weeks?"

his eyes trace his fingers, swallowing harshly. he didnt want to think about how, but he felt that maybe it was so. maybe she had forgotten about him in only two weeks.
"i dont know."

"how is your band doing?" she tries to redirect the subject, noticing the gloom that dripped from his mind.

"the bands doing well, i guess. we start our tour next week."

"have you ever considered finding somebody new? touring could be helpful with that."

"new, like to replace violet?" he chuckles down to himself,
"nah."

"youve been hooked on her for years, finn. whats so special about her to you?"

he hesitates, his tongue wetting his lips as he thinks through such an impossible question.
"her eyes."

"her eyes?"

"yeah." he thinks back to the dull paleness of her eyes, how interestingly boring they were.

"surely that cant be her only quality if you're so crazy about her."

he stays silent, going through the list of what he admired about her. more than he could count.

"do you have plans to see her?"

"nine days." he nods to the floor,
"i cant wait to kiss her again- sorry."

often; he opened up too far, all caught up in the moment. his doctor only shrugs, pleased with the thought of him opening up. for she remembered years back ago when she had to beg just to be let in.

"well, mr.wolfhard. how about we schedule an appointment for after your tour and you can tell me all about it."

"sure." he stands,
"oh but, i dont want anything in the mail, please. i dont want violet to know, when she comes home."

"uh, sure, finn. can i ask why?"

he collects his things, pulling his jacket over his broad shoulders.
"i dont want her thinking im unstable."

"i think coming to see me proves you are stable."

"im just not ready to tell her yet."

"okay, your call. i'll see you soon."

"hopefully not doc." he smiles, opening the door on his way out.
"have a nice night."

soon after, finn heads rather quickly to the house of the only one thats never put him down before.

the only person that had been honest and patient with him.

and he was going in order to get the harsh reality he needed.

he knocks on the white painted door, fingers tapping against his keys that gripped within hand. the hum of a tune tickling his lips.

"finn?- oh god was there a rehearsal i forgot about?"

"no, no nothing like that ayla. can i come in?"

she moves out of the way, inviting him in. she guides them into her clean kitchen, a warm beige swallowing the room. she hands him a cup of coffee, leaning against the counter.

"wheres james?"

"at work..." she eyes him suspiciously.
"whats going on, finn? you don't come over for small talk."

he sighs, staring down to his sneakers.

"look if this is about violet, i already told you how i feel about your situation."

"its a lot more complicated than just showing up to see her, a's."

"how, finn? she moved from a different country for you. she loves you, and you're being paranoid."

"okay and what if i show up and im right? im supposed to carry on for the next week on tour pretending as if i didnt loose her?"

"dont you think nick would have told you if she were seeing someone else?"

he groans, rubbing his tired eyes.
"if you could just hear her on the phone, how distracted and uninterested she is the whole time. like i dont matter anymore."

"my god, shes probably busy." she talks over to stand next to him, head rested on his tall shoulder.
"she went there for a new job. we arent talking about violet, who cuts her hair in a hotel bathroom anymore. shes doing big things now."

"yeah, maybe." his head rests against hers, taking in the company of his close friend.

he wanted to trust that ayla knew what she was talking about, as she usually did.

but the reality of it was that ayla didnt have violet figured out like she thought she did.

violet wasnt with anyone else, no. but she wasnt working all the time either. in fact, it surprised violet with how little time she had to spend in the office these days. and how much time she got to spend going out to clubs, meeting new people and being able to get them interested in her new line that would be released.

violet had done a lot of thinking over the last two weeks, and maybe she was getting a bit homesick. it was fun for a while, but she missed her morning tea and the comfort that came preparing dinner every night before finn got home.

and still, she didn't want to see him. for how was she supposed to tell him that she was out half the time she was there, and not busy like she claimed to be.

he was coming the fourth of may, marked in her calendar as a reminder.

she titled it doomsday and left for her morning meeting.

1080 wc