¹⁴

"will, im home!"

violet calls through the depths of her own apartment. expecting a reply back,

silence.

she huffs, tossing her bag to the kitchen counter along with her keys. she pours a glass of water, it was still early enough in the evening. but the time jump from vancouver left violet exhausted.

unable to deal with anything that would push her only a bit.

something like william.

no, drunk william.

the front door swings open in laughter, reveling two models on the other end. violet recognized the girl standing next to her boyfriend; for she was one of the reoccurring models that walked the shows.

"violet, i told iris she could stay the night."

"oh." she sets her cup down, staring at the two. drunk in laughter.

"yeah so, go fetch some blankets for her? set her up on the couch."

she sighs, grabbing her bag.
"will, ive had a long day. cant you do it?"

"no, baby please." he approaches her, grabbing her at the hips, violet pulls away.
"ive had a long day too."

"my flight just got in, im jet lagged. cant iris just take the throw from the couch?"

"thats a bit rude, violet." iris's fingers tap gently to the counter.

"yeah i mean, c'mon violet."

she huffs in disbelief, taking her things and stomping up the stairs like a child. she tosses her things to her room, lugging herself to the linen closet to dig out some blankets.

by the time violet managed to stack blankets in her arm, she walks back downstairs. the room is lit bright with lights from the tall ceiling. william stands shirtless, drinking a glass of water at the kitchen sink. iris nowhere to be seen.

violet doesnt speak, she hardly wanted to breathe. she hated being pushed around in her own home.

"iris is in the shower, i told her she could barrow some of your clothes."

"great." she mumbles, biting her tongue. she could scream.

"could you be a little nicer about it? we work with her." he scoffs.

"yeah and you invited her over. and all of the sudden im the one taking care of everything."

"well jesus violet, ive been working all day, its the least you could do."

"the least i could do? you know, why is iris here anyway; huh?" she finished spreading out the blanket to the couch, crossing her arms at him.

"dont do that, dont you dare accuse me of that."

"accuse you of what? i didn't say anything implying i was accusing you of something." she replies an attitude, eyebrows raised.

"you know, what about you, huh? you stayed in a hotel for two extra days by yourself in seattle?"

"really?" she huffs.

"you started this one violet."

she hesitates, she wanted to scream, to hit him. she wanted to find anyway to prove the point that she was overwhelmingly mad. so she sticks with the truth.

"i went up to vancouver this weekend to see my old friends and didnt tell you because it was none of your business. now do you want to tell me why the fuck you stumbled in here with iris."