it was so, incredibly dark for a wednesday in vancouver.

the sky filled with clouds, letting the afternoon drown in the spring rain.

and much like the clouds, finn was sad.

empty.

and bored.

it was getting late, the room surrounding finn in a lurking darkness. he lays to his back on his bed, staring to his ceiling within the silence. the rain that pattered to his windows was the only thing that managed to drown out the commotion from the city streets down below.

much like violet, he had found himself living in his own apartment, directly in the heart of the city of vancouver. but he lived alone.

typically, he was consistently running around to fulfill his job. whether that meant performing, recording, or writing.

but lately he wasn't able to do much of anything. for ever since he had left new york a little over a week ago; he hadnt been able to put much of anything on his brain. not much of anything but violet.

and how much he missed her.

his finger taps on his stomach in rhythm, looking besides him to his phone that lay to the blankets. he had been contemplating for hours whether he should text her or not.

he didn't want to bother her, but they hadn't contacted each other since he had left. and he missed her dearly; it was all that he ever thought about.

finally, he he moves his hand; picking up his phone and finding her name within his contacts.

he thinks about calling her, he almost felt that it would be therapeutic for him. maybe he would finally be able to get some work done if he could just hear her voice.

but god how he didn't want to bother her.

he had witnessed her being ever so busy all week, he knew that was every day for her.

he hesitates for quite some time. his screen illuminating his contemplating face. but finally, he sends it.

finn;
hey vi

i know its only nine for u
there so just text me when u
get some time
delivered 6:15pm

read 7:40pm
violet;
finn!

sorry i just got out
of work. whats up?

finn;
i just wanted to see how
ur doing

i miss you so much

violet;
i miss you too

what have you been up to
since you got back?

finn;
im supposed to be at
home writing songs

violet;
and you are ?...

finn;
at home not writing songs