¹²

jack could have been right.

he could have been right if violet and finn didn't have to be so damn responsible.

in fact, if you were to rewind time three years younger and put them in their current situations; jack would have been right.

but that night he was only, almost right.

finn was a bit buzzed. not anything drastic, fine to drive home. but every now and again his head would spin in a headache. he learned to handle his alcohol quite well.

violet, was a bit all over the place. she was giggly, having one of the best nights of her ever so modern day boring life, with her friends. she had a hole she didnt know she had, missing directly from her life where that band filled perfectly.

she wished she could move, she wished she could be with them all the time. but she knew her job back home was much too important to drop over her emotional ties.

"you shouldn't be driving home."

"relax, i had two beers." he starts the jeep, letting the engine warm up within the dark emptiness of midnight.
"plus, you cant drive, and im definitely not leaving this thing in a back alley over night."

"just be careful, okay." her words slur to her tongue, looking to finn as her surroundings seem to spin.

"i'm not going to put you in any danger violet." he pulls away into the busy vancouver streets, even for midnight.

"so tomorrow?"

"tomorrow?" he refuses to look at her; eyes stricken to the road.

"im leaving." suddenly she frowns, she'd blame it on the alcohol.

"it will be okay, we'll see each other again soon im sure."

"unless you forget about me while youre busy with the band."

he laughs at the prosperous comment,
"forget about you? violet, i think about you every single time i step onto the stage."

"do you?"

he sighs gently. finn throughout the years would even often look down to the equipment, almost expecting to see her eyes staring back; calming him. three years of meeting eyes with absolutely nothing.

"always." he mumbles.

violet smiles warmly to him.

she was drunk, she loved the way he treated her. and thats all she knew.

there was attraction between them, it had always been there. violet had just felt it surging within the alcohol.

so much in fact, that she could hardly wait, following him eagerly up to his own apartment safely. traveling behind him for she was slower with the room spinning.

the door shuts behind them, welcoming her pounding head in a rage of the smell of him. finn sits down to his couch, his sigh of relief bouncing off his living room walls. he had a good night with his friends; but he was exhausted in his long day.

he knew violet had to have been too, which is why her standing in front of him without movement; took him by surprise.

he smiles gently, putting his hands out for her to hold. for he had only expected her to remain where she was. instead she holds his cold hands in the warmth of hers, moving herself to his lap. facing him to stare to his eyes, lost in the dark room without lights.

he looks to her in utter shock, scared to rest his hands anywhere else as she hadn't been this close to him in years.

"violet?..."