⁴²

"violet! congrats!"

the girl smiles to the stranger that had showed up, violet had seen him around work but they had never spoken before.

the sun had set in purples, leaving the sky to seem an endless dark patch of stars. the blackness goes on forever except for the warm lit lamps set around.

there was music playing through a couple of speakers. a hot tub near the trailer lit up in l.e.d colors for those who couldnt take the cold of the night desert. others chatting amongst another in a low hum.

but most importantly, people upon people had shown up, and it was more overwhelming to violet than expected.

nick approaches violet who stood alone outside amongst many others. he wraps his arm around her shoulders, pulling her chill coated body close to him.
"vi! come get a drink with me!"

"oh, i don't want one." she allows him to pull her along until he stops to stare at her in disbelief.

"this is your celebration, of course you do!"

she stays silent as shes pulled to the cooler of drinks, already halfway empty as everyone seemed to have something in their hand.

he pulls one for himself, her too. but violets head shakes, putting it back.
"seriously i'm good. i don't want to feel bad tomorrow."

"you've really turned into a old grump, you know." nick teases, watching as his brothers band mate approaches them.

ayla gives violet a gentle hug, followed with a heart filled smile that seemed to comfort violet in a certain way of tranquility. she stood beaded in water from the hot tub, a bathing suit attached to her pale skin.
"youre pieces today were incredible violet. no way those wont make it on magazines."

"thanks again, ayla. i know that wasn't really your thing-"

"finn promised me food." she nudges the tall girl with her elbow, earning a laugh and a head shake.

"do you know where he is? i haven't seen him around all night."

"yeah he was with me in the hot tub." she points to the direction in which she came, grabbing a beer from the cooler.
"hes stuck talking to one of the models here, sounds pretty interested in the job if you ask me."

ayla had expected a smile from violet, instead shes met with a shrug and a stare towards the blurry people in the hot water.

"you should come in! theres lots of room."

"oh, no thanks." she smiles,
"but i'll follow you over there."

ayla agrees, walking alongside her to the direction of her band member. as they approach, the blurry bodies start to take shape, and sure enough there finn sat; beside a built blonde model, laughing alongside her boyfriend as the two boys talk of what she was assuming, work.

finn reaches out for the beer from ayla as she gets in, catching a glance of violet as his friend sits down.

"vi, hey!" he moves to her, leaning on the edge to be directly the height of her own.
"are you coming in?"

"nah" she shakes her head,
"im staying occupied talking out here."

it was a lie.

"okay." he smiles, kissing her lips quickly.

"i just came to check in, see how youre doing."

"dude that guy max," he points behind him to the man he was previously talking to,
"his life is insane! modeling in paris, acting jobs."