¹⁵

the empty apartment rang silent once more. violet was going on five weeks now alone.

much like finn said, the vacancy was nice for about a week. and then, things started to get slow. getting quiet.

so violet filled her time in practicing her guitar, every day, every night. hours and hours, when she got home. on the weekends when she had time to do what she wanted.

much like last time, she didnt have a lot of contact with finn. an occasional check up on the weekend; but he was busy with his job.

she couldnt wait to show him everything shes learned.

she wanted to see him again,

she wanted to hug him,

to kiss him.

to sleep in his bed with him.

to waste the day away in laughter.

violet missed him more than ever in her empty house, she could hardly wait any longer for her contract to be up.

because throughout the weeks she was sure. she was positive that thats what she wanted to do, move over to vancouver.

in her own apartment, but close to finn. to his family and their friends. she was counting down the days, and she was nearing just another week in her own home.

it was a friday night, violet sits to her white couch within the bright living room. the yellow ceiling lights illuminate her face through her phone. finn sits on a facetime call with her.

he talks to her patiently, trying to help her through the call on finding her new apartment. violets eyes glue to her computer, feet tucked under herself with a mug of warm water in her hand.

finn also sits on his computer at home, looking through different listings of apartments.

they had been doing that for hours, and only found one that was potentially okay. it wasn't near her transfer station though, which would cause an issue for her.

"heres one next door from jacks apartment building. it would only be a twenty minute commute for you to work. ten minutes to me."

"have you seen his neighborhood? i cant live there alone."

finn laughs through the phone.
"yeah i suppose your right."

"i just don't know what to do." she sighs, setting down her laptop.
"i wish i didn't have to work."

"you dont have to."

she smiles, huffing.
"the apartment will pay for itself?"

"im telling you, if you just move in with me. you dont have to work; or worry about anything ever again."

"i like my job. its just, well maybe moving isnt as good of an idea as i thought it might. it seems impossible to find an apartment in between you and the company."

he sighs, staring at her through the screen; pouting.
"i really wanted this to work out for you."

"me too. i miss seeing you everyday."

"yeah, me too. it was something i took for granted when i had it."

she feels guilt at his sad face. he wasnt showing it profoundly, but she could tell that he was disappointed.

"my contracts up next week. i dont know what to do, finn. i can sign again but, it'll be for another year."

"well, what if you stayed with me for a bit. just until you find a place over here."