²⁷

violet stuck herself into a cold bedroom for days after that.

it was sickening how silent it was; for somehow the traffic outside seemed to stop. the world seemed to stop, for days.

she didn't bother with the tv, but that wasn't her fault. the attack was all vancouver was talking about, and she simply didn't want to be reminded of it anymore.

the day after the incident, they both took off work. they both spent the day in bed together, not talking, not eating, barely breathing.

but they were together and between the two of them, they had hoped for that to somehow be the cure. that thing to push them out of the smog and back to their every day lives.

but that was too much to ask for violet.

soon, finn began going back to work; things were starting to settle down and return back to happiness between the band as the week went on. but everything would go bad again for him as he goes back home after work.

coming home to see violet still in bed, in the same place that he had left her.

he figured to give it some time. that surely when her boss came that following friday to collect her thing for the contest, she would be up and running again.

she wasn't.

after a long day, finn hops out of his jeep; humming a song previously worked on at the studio as his keys swing around his finger.

it was nearing almost two weeks since what had happened at the airport and he was thankful to feel officially over the stress. life goes on.

he approaches his bedroom, hoping to find an empty bed in which he could change and settle into alone within the late hour.

instead, he finds violet. shadows casting along her heavenly face as she stares to the ceiling. not acknowledging finns presence in the slightest.

he sighs, tossing his keys to the dresser.
"vi, i thought you would be at work today."

"no." her voice sticks in raspiness. eyes glued above her.

"maverick came in today though, right?" he sits over to her side of the bed, hand resting to her arm.
"he wanted your things today."

"i don't want to do it anymore."

"what? youve been looking forward to it for a while now-"

"doesnt seem important anymore."

he sighs, looking to the ground. he wasnt sure how to say it without being harsh. but he was starting to get tired of her stiffness.
"violet its been two weeks, you cant shut yourself out forever."

she shoots a glare to him, eyebrows furrowed. he hadn't seen her move that fast in weeks.
"are you serious, finn."

"yeah violet, i'm serious. what happened was really horrible, but you're alive and instead of embracing it; you're acting like you're dead."

she sits up, staring at him so close that he could practically feel her anger against his cheeks.
"i sat there and watched two people be shot. i listened as the womans daughter sobbed over her moms bloody corpse and sat there for hours with a mans blood dripping down my face. you have no fucking clue what went on in there and for that, you don't get to tell me when i can and cant shut myself out."

"jesus violet, i'm only trying to help you! but you haven't talked to me about any of it, everyones starting to worry about you. im starting to worry about you."

"don't yell at me!" she shouts at him.
"and i dont need you right now finn! i just want to be alone."

he sighs, a gentle expression spreads to his face. he didn't mean to upset her.
"you being in bed all week, ive been there before. i know what its like to not want to move, to stare at the wall forever in hopes that maybe by staring at nothing you wont think about anything anymore. it sucks, and i just don't want you to feel that way."